Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all i have to say is OH GOOD LORD!

i just got my new j spec GA16 tranny (new not a used one) unorthodx flywheel, and a stage four 4 puck racing clutch. all i have to say is OMG, the gear ratios in the tranny have a lower final gear so the gears are shorter and its quicker. it makes SUCH a night and day difference. anyways, tonite a went to the street races in santa rosa, NUTTIE is all i have to say, i beat a tricked out gen 3 acura integra gsr by 2 1/2 car lengths!!

.... i must add that i have 2 1/4" mandrel bend cat back, apexi dunk exhaust, a high flow cat, hot shot headers, weapons r dargon intake with a custom large dyer hose and a sheet mettal air concotion (in other words a home made ram air kit) that cuts off the heat from the rest of the engine, so that it only breaths only the air coming outa the dyer hose. i'll admit, its a bit funny lookin, but works better for me, then a CAI, i live where it rains and snows a lot and the filter gets destoryed in the winter, and if your not careful you blow your engine!... ANY WAYS my car is way faster now and now i can burn the tires in 1st and 2nd and get a nice loud chrip in 3rd, and 4th a small chrip. its sooooo fun, i baby it when i'm not racing tho, which is not offent, i really dont fell like buying another clutch nay time soon!
holla at me all you nissan gear heads!
late,
rob
:p :p

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Make sure you break in the clutch properly or it ain't gonna last very long.

·
Niss-Nut
160 Posts
I agree, the clutch needs to be well broken in before you start racing.

STREET RACING
I at least hope you do it in a deserted area. All I have to say to that is take it a track.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they have the GA16 as well, i got the new tranny from tarco transmissons, there based out of sacramento, they had it shipped to them from japan, they inspect it and make sure nothing is broken, and then ship it to my mechanic's shop, i SAW the box that the got it from, it's return addy was in japan. so make what you will, the tranny has a lower final gear ratio, so whatever it is its not stock. i've read from many other tranny companys that they have a japanese GA16 tranny as well, so i'm not sure if the GA15 and 16 are the same trannys or if your wrong about the non-japanese GA16. i will research this more.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
my local importer says there the same block so it should just bolt right up. he told me if i wanted a j-spec engine i would be getting a ga15de.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh ok, that makes since, if it bolts right on then i'm sure thats what they did, my mechanic just told me that it was the one from japan that was for my car, he say what Engine is from. but whatever, thats secondary to the point that it kicks ass and is much stronger and has better gearing.

i must say one more thing, prolong tranny fluid, and engine treatment, is freakin awesome, my car just runs like its brand new. haha, its great, i have a new tranny and my old one has had like NO snycros in 3rd gear, now its just as good as new only way better, lol. anyways, late.
rob

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
HondaEater0007 said:
oh ok, that makes since, if it bolts right on then i'm sure thats what they did, my mechanic just told me that it was the one from japan that was for my car, he say what Engine is from. but whatever, thats secondary to the point that it kicks ass and is much stronger and has better gearing.

i must say one more thing, prolong tranny fluid, and engine treatment, is freakin awesome, my car just runs like its brand new. haha, its great, i have a new tranny and my old one has had like NO snycros in 3rd gear, now its just as good as new only way better, lol. anyways, late.
rob
if its that much better ill get one too! im in the market for a new tranny since mine is all f#$ked up right now. THANKS for the info!! btw i was quoted 550 shiped used.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got my tranny from tarco transmissons in sacramento, and it was $650, then i had my mechanic do the install, he worked from nissan for 17 yrs before he bought his own car sales/shop. it took only about a week to get it, but that was because they already had it on the way for another customer that desided that he didnt want it. they told me that if that hadnt happened that it would have taken from 2-3 weeks to get here from japan, i got the racing clutch from MotorSports in sacramento, is a Hyperactive racing 4 puck, it was $350, and the flywheel is an Unorthadox racing Ultra L lightweight flywheel, its only 8 lbs! that was $500 and that was a deal price too, then i got the hook up on the install, and it was only $250 for all that. so all in all i spent about 1800 on the project, but its soooo wroth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts