Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to buy a new intake for my 93 sentra where can i get one? do the ones on ebay that go for 50-70$ wok well??

·
Wins Don't Come Easy
205 Posts
I bought my intake from Injen. It seems to do pretty well, although it cost me about $180 bucks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
eBay Motors: JDM 91-94 95 96 97 98 99 Nissan Sentra 200SX Air Intake (item 180250442150 end time Jun-11-08 17:02:41 PDT)

would it make a actual difference compared to the stock? if theres any other brands or types reccomended links are appreciated.
^You will be ok with that one. You will feel a difference through the pedal, it's called throttle response. You will need other MODS to help open it up some more. I have a POP CHARGER on the end of the BOMZ eBay intake pipe. The POP CHARGER is the best one because it has the velocity stacker. How many MODS do you currently have on the car?

^Not really a good shot of my intake system, but this is the pop charger

^Better shot of the piping

JIM WOLF TECHNOLOGY PCSEN0 POP-CHARGER: SENTRA 91-94 1.6L

^1.6L Pop Charger Link.............It's a little expensive, but worth it brand new

·
Registered
35 Posts
The better Air Filter will allow more fle flowing air into the system, and those give better gain. More air to the engine is good, but the one thing holding back the GA16 in that respect is actually the Throttle Body, I am installing an SR20 Throttle body on my 95, the larger diameter will allow more air in and better response, the small throttle body is shit, even a stock d16 Honda has a bigger one, but port the intake to match the larger SR20 and that thing will pull.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The better Air Filter will allow more fle flowing air into the system, and those give better gain. More air to the engine is good, but the one thing holding back the GA16 in that respect is actually the Throttle Body, I am installing an SR20 Throttle body on my 95, the larger diameter will allow more air in and better response, the small throttle body is shit, even a stock d16 Honda has a bigger one, but port the intake to match the larger SR20 and that thing will pull.
^What he said, and I also had to make a SLEEVE with the stock tubing UNDER the red tubing you see in the pic. The steams on the piping was to small for me to just use the red tubes that came with the kit, so I sleeved them. Yeah the GA16 throttle body is crap! Get a SR20 one on there and it will get more air. It not, then at least get the 1.6L POP CHARGER. It has a metal velocity stacker on the end of the filter that pulls that air in faster than a regular air filter!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is that the pop charger kit with the red tubing?? where do i get a sr20 throttle body and are they hard to swap out?

·
Registered
92 Posts
is that the pop charger kit with the red tubing?? where do i get a sr20 throttle body and are they hard to swap out?
NO. That is a BOMZ eBay intake kit. It came with a filter and all, but I mated a 2.0L Pop Charger to it so I could do away with the stock rubber tubing and have more KICK with the Pop vs using the eBay filter that came with the kit. I never swapped a SR throttle in to a GA, but I'm sure it's not to bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts