Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,

This is new to me, I just joined. I have a '11 Maxima SV that currently has stock halogen bulbs. I've ordered two new HID kits (35W) for my lows and fogs. My question is simply do I need to use a wiring harness to draw power strait from the battery or will the stock wiring be sufficient? Also, my plan is to remove the bolts in the side and top of the front bumper and simply "drop" it to access what I need. Will there be enough room for me to mount ballasts, run wires, etc or do i have to completely remove the bumper. Is this going to be a real bitch? Any input from experience is GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quad,

I appreciate the advice. I actually ordered LED's but ended up canceling them for HID's before they shipped. My concern was the fact that the wouldn't give me enough light along the roadside. I drive to work each morning a little before five and live in an area with a heavy population of deer. Had it not been for that reason alone, I would have just installed the LED's due to the ease of instillation and longevity. And that isn't to say that a year from now i may change my mind and do a swap. Maybe in the near future there will be progress in the light projection and they'll better suit my needs. Again, thanks for the input. This forum group is awesome.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,065 Posts
How about those deer whistles that mount on your bumper. I know of two people with HID that hit deer. One a bmw and the other a chrysler 300M, both were shocked that replacing one headlight required asn insurance claim as the cost was well over a thousand just to replace a single side.
In this part of the world they do not provide any protection from deer jumping in front of you. A moose would be much scarier still...

Lastly I think Consumer reports did a recent report on headlights and different bulb types. Seems the ones that appear brighter, project less light than it would appear. And in addition to costing substantially more, they have a shorter useable life. Which reminds me its probably time for me to change my bulbs as they are over 8 years old now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts