Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...hi im 15 and i just started getting into the 240 scene. i wanted a 93 se. i have a few ?'s about this car.

what engine does it come with

what version of hikas does it come with if any

what what are the main problem the car has like what are the 1st things i should swap out

and basically any other things u guy think i would find helpful

thanks any help would be much apperciated

·
Registered
150 Posts
haha

ahahahahaha, you should post that reply to every new 14 year old who doesnt know a damn thing about the 240 and still sits on these forums instead of just working on their own car and learning....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i actually work on cars every day and i do know a lil about the 240 but i wanted to learn more thats what this forum is about isnt it? people giving feedback and heping other people soo just chill w/ the flaming

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
i can tell you this: they're slow until you drop about $10K in it, their subframe bushings are shit, they enjoy taking on rust, the power windows like to go out (motor and amp), the KA's top timing chain guide likes to break off, but thats all i can really think of off the top of my head.

·
Registered
150 Posts
well

ill tell ya thats true, my 240 hasent taken any rust im about 60% done with changing all the bushings. and my timing chain is making some noise. Time for a rebuild:)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Steer clear of the hicus unless you plan on keeping it for fun. it adds a ton of weight and basically hard to find parts for. Stay with the KA24de motor that comes with it you can get great HP and torque out of it. Don't let anyone tell you that an SR is better unless they have done both...then usually they will say the ka24de-t is far better motor and block. Stay away from 240's that have the automatic seat belt..you will be upgrading this soon if you do get one that has it. Other then that do research...

My fav spots
KA-t.org
Here
Niko sometimes if you like to hear people argue..Other then that google is your friend

·
Registered
150 Posts
HAHA

STRAIGHT SCRUE MY AUTO SEATBELTS..... passenger side is done and i want to replace them and get manual seatbelts.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hay no problem...I am usually on KA-t.org same name good place for research for the E-DE turbos.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts