Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Mat, and I just got my first 1989 240sx coupe :newbie:

Well, its technically my 2nd, I had purchased one about 3 years ago, but after a week or so the owner had a tough time passing the pink slip over and ended up getting the car back :/ so I would rather not count that.

A fun little story: After all the excitement of getting my new 240, which by the way has suspension work and is verry clean (pics soon), I pick it up today, drive home, feel some misfires, and figure the alternator is producing absolutely nothing! So here I am at a friends after a lot of troubleshooting with limited tools... I'll be going to several shops tomorrow to find one, from what I've seen so far, it's not a serious swap.. 2-3 hour job maybe?

Great joining nissanforums, I'll say TIA now, because I know I'll be getting a lot of ??'s answered here

-Mat

·
Registered
973 Posts
whats TIA?

·
Registered
973 Posts
oh, ok. any way, if the altenator is producing absolutly nothing, you would know. i mean, are your lights dimming? have you checked the battery? its a better bet to assume the timing is off that causes misfire. check your distribitor cap and rotor, your coil, plug wires and plugs for re assurance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts