Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, just wanted to say hello!

I'm in the process of looking for a large size SUV and the pickings are pretty slim out there. The Armada caught my eye when it first came out, but I wasnt all sure about the design of it. The front look very aggressive, but it looks like they chopped off the rear of another SUV and put it on the Armada.
Now when I see them on the road, I think I can deal with the slight "looks" issue.

I wanted to get some feedback (positive and negative) on the SUV...handling, interior design, leg room and cargo room, whatever you can think of tha is good/bad about the SUV. Also what have people paid for theirs b/c I hear Nissan is offering some decent financing/cash back incentives.

I've done research on it, but just wanted to get "live" feedback.

Thanks for the help! :cheers:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new here too (this is my first post). I just got an LE w/ tech and DVD (full load). I am in love. :thumbup: I just turned in my 2002 Tahoe and got the Armada to replace it (leases). I love how BIG it is and it has tons of power. I'm about to put my Harley in my 6X10 covered trailer and tow it around just to see how it feels. I paid $500 under dealer invoice. If you are near WA State, give Chuck Capps a call at Advantage Nissan in Bremerton. I am 2 hours away from them plus a ferry ride and I'll never deal with another Nissan outfit but them. We buy a lot of cars and Chuck is far and away one of the two best guys we have ever dealt with (our #1 guy is Mark King at Roy Robinson's Chevrolet but he has been "our guy" for 15 years and lots o' Chevy's). I don't have any connection to either dealer other than being a satisfied customer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I replaced my second Suburban with an Armada LE DVD / tech package last October. Now has 7K miles on it. Great vehicle so far (Other than brake issue which is also addressed on this forum - mine had the fix at 6K miles). I am averaging 15mpg which is about 1mpg better than the 'burb, and it has so much more power - better handling, far improved ride and way nicer interior to boot. The GM's don't compare to this - it even blows away the Denali's which I could have picked up for cheaper. I paid $600 under invoice, or just over $40K - sticker was around $47K. That was towards end of MR2004 close out, but with the $5-10K off MSRP for competing vehicles, probably what is still required to move them in this market - especially with gas prices heading upwards. BTW - I tow a 5500lb race car trailer behind mine, and it tows so much better than the 'burb it isn't even funny!!

Negatives: cargo room is not as good as the 'burb, which I expected and was willing to make the trade-off for a shorter vehicle that is easier to park and drive around parking lots. Although, I noticed the turning radius is not as good as the 'burb and it really takes much getting used to where the front corners are. The rear sonar back up sensors are a must have, however - that helps greatly. Also, the luggage racks are all but useless = hopefully Yakima will make some stuff for them eventually, but not yet. Too far apart for most boxes too - I had to cut extra set of holes in my rocket box. Biggest bummer is no way to add a bike rack up top - I may rig something up myself since I need to carry 3-4 bikes for vacations and like using the 2 bike rear hitch mount.

Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts