Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New to the forum. Love that SR20DE...How fast can it go?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Welcome to the boards! How fast? Depends on how much money you've got to spend. :)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bhob said:
Hi all. New to the forum. Love that SR20DE...How fast can it go?
Talk about a loaded question! You'll need to clarify that question! Do you mean 1/4 mile? Do you mean top speed? Do you mean in comparrison to other cars? Do you mean lap times at certain tracks?

btw, 1/4 mile I suck. I've had my car up to 125 at Pocono Long Course. Hoping for more in a few weeks at the Glen. In comparrison to other cars, it's fairly fast. On the track, it's incredible and I can blow away anything short of 300HP or so (driver may have something to do with it) Lap times? Well, I never seem to keep track :p

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome all. This car is intended as a daily driver. Bolt-ons is as far as I want to go with this car, Just to inhance what is there. (It urks me that a Chevy Z24 kicked my butt over the weekend) If you could post the names of some reliable vendors it would be great.
Intake, Catback, Pullies, Clutch, Coilovers that type stuff.
Thanks

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bhob said:
Thanks for the welcome all. This car is intended as a daily driver. Bolt-ons is as far as I want to go with this car, Just to inhance what is there. (It urks me that a Chevy Z24 kicked my butt over the weekend) If you could post the names of some reliable vendors it would be great.
Thanks
Intake: get a cold air intake from Hotshot or Place Racing (I'm dynoing the two side-by-side in two weeks to see if there's a difference primarily in the air filter part of it)

Catback: Greddy or HKS

Pullies: contact Unorthodox but pulleys are a bit of a pain *AND* there are better bangs for the buck out there - JWT cams/ECU

Clutch: I forget what's hot now... 00 disc with stock pressure plate I think? Or am I mixing them up? Someone else should jump in with that

Coilovers: Ground Controls

You should certainly look into JWT S3 or 4 cams with the ECU program. Also, don't forget a header! Hotshot seems to be the most popular but there are others out there.

You're looking at some money for all this stuff though. I've probably got more money invested in the modifications *TO* the car than the blue book value *OF* the car! I wouldn't want to venture a guess on some of the costs... I'd only be estimating. Poke around, ask some questions, check out www.se-r.net, and you'll get tons of more info on all of these mods

·
Tampa SR20
277 Posts
Bhob said:
Thanks
Bhob welcome...you are in the right site...this forum has so much info....make sure you check out all the different threads...a lot of questions are answered before they are even asked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts