Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. Names Barry!

Here is my Z. Its a 84 300zx (Z31). It has the vg30et motor which is a V6 3.0l turbo. Its in pretty good condition and runs like a bat ot of hell. As of right now im doing maintanence on the car. Only improvements is an filter and its pretty much dumped (love the sound of that turbo!). Hopefully looking at over 300 rwhp by the end of summer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
cool car...get her lookin good..

welcome to DNE...

that last pic reminded me of night rider for some reason..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the welcome. haha night rider huh! when most of my friends see it they think its the car from back to the future lol.

·
Gummybears FTMFW!
1,020 Posts
thanks for the welcome. haha night rider huh! when most of my friends see it they think its the car from back to the future lol.
lol, that's what I was going to say. never knew they looked so much like a DeLorean! :)

Love that classic 80's "futuristic" styling... haha

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha yeah i think this car was ahead of its time, but it has the 80s feel to it...like the mirrored t tops. im just surprise how quick this car is and how much abuse these motors can take. Very impressed with this car. Only thing is the rear suspension needs work because when u really get on it the back end drops it like its hot really hard lol

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
I looked at one of these a LONG time ago. Good choice, nice Z!

Welcome to DNE

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the welcome guys. The meet is on April 11 right? Ill be there for sure!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I actually owned a red 87' N/A 5spd for about 6 months, I bought it non operational and sold it non operational couple years ago...LOL shoulda saved it, I kick my self everytime I see one cleaned up.... LOVE THE DIGI DASH MAN, that's so awesome, I wish my max had that....

Only thing is the rear suspension needs work because when u really get on it the back end drops it like its hot really hard lol
my max does this as well, If I remember correctly, those early 300zx are IRS w/ trailing arms? pretty common among the older 240/280 z cars too... when there is like more than 20lbs in the trunk of my max, the gas tank scrapes upon hard acceleration....

welcome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
welcome home my friend.. hahaha. hope to see you at some of the meets!!! car is very nice!!!

and to the knight rider comment.. I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING!!!! lol.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
heeeeeyy, I met you on sunday! good seeing the ride man...I was in my 1st gen max, I made a comment about your stereo controls on the steering wheel... hope to see you again this weekend!
ooooooo yeah I remember you. was good meeting you man!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts