Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my name is david, and up until saturday july 13th i had a 94 Honda Accord EXL Coupe. some ass stole it. if anyone is interedin pics here they are

before:
http://www.importfuzion.com/david/images/06012002

after:
http://www.importfuzion.com/david/images/07172002

im now considering getting a 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE or Spec V.

can anyone tell me what i can do to these cars motor wise. what really the difference and whats more of a value. ive spent my entire car interests in honda accords right up untill 3 hours ago when my step mother convinced me to look atnew cars and showed me that i could get a low interest rate right about now. thanks for the help guys

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
get yourself a 95-99 GXE..more mods for those cars than the 2002 models.. sorry about your accord but how did it get stolen?

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
LIUSPEED said:
get yourself a 95-99 GXE.
Bah, forget that - get a B13 or B14 SE-R. You can pick 'em up for cheap and you don't have to mess with the GA16-second-DE.

EDIT: Disclaimer: The above is not meant to be offensive at all, so please don't take it that way. He asked for advice, and I gave him my honest opinion. For justification of the above, please see my post below. And have a nice day :) .

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LIUSPEED said:
get yourself a 95-99 GXE..more mods for those cars than the 2002 models.. sorry about your accord but how did it get stolen?
my dad wont cosign a loan unless its for a new car that i can afford. if i cant find any then they will sign for a used, but the already checked out the sentra for me.

i was at Ozzfest in Hartford, CT. when i came back there was another car in my spot. i really dont know how it was stolen. i completly forgot to look at the ignition when i took the pictures

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nissan/Honda guy??? Isn't that a oxymoron? :) heheh Kidding

Kyle

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
myoung said:

what's that supposed to mean?
I'm with Mike what the hell is that supposed to mean!!!????
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
myoung said:

what's that supposed to mean?
Uh-oh....I hear the belt coming off....someone's getting a whooping. :D

I say get the Spec-V. They look great, are faster, and if the same trend follows as before, will have more parts available for it. I say Spec-V....I know other people will just try to put you in their car, and I totally understand. I just dont want Mike to beat me over my head with an intercooler or something. :p

·
Registered
118 Posts
samo said:

Bah, forget that - get a B13 or B14 SE-R. You can pick 'em up for cheap and you don't have to mess with the GA16-second-DE.
whats that supposed to mean? ill tell you. its supposed to mean that the ga16de is slow, and its gonna be slow no matter what you do. if you take shit and tune it, youre just gonna end up with tuned shit.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
ihateloops said:

whats that supposed to mean? ill tell you. its supposed to mean that the ga16de is slow, and its gonna be slow no matter what you do. if you take shit and tune it, youre just gonna end up with tuned shit.
well many people think that tuning a 2.0 is tuning shit (like my dad). you telling us a ga16de is tuning shit is like some one with a 350 small pushing 800 horses that where all tuning shit. besides i like the challange of opening unexplored ground such as the ga16de. who knows what this engine can really put out! sure i can drop in an sr20de and buy a turbo kit and be much faster maybe even cheaper but damn where's the excitment in that? its been done many times over! i say make that little ga16 as fast as you can and suprise the hell out of people.

sorry i get a little emotional but damn i love this engine (i insited on it for the last four years);)

p.s. i would love an sr20de, but my love is the strongest with the ga16de.

thats like really deep huh?:D

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
landlord said:

I'm with Mike what the hell is that supposed to mean!!!????
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Sorry, didn't mean to piss anybody off, but as much as I like my GA, it's a lot easier to get power out of an SR20. We all know that the internals of the GA are not very strong where as the internals of the SR are awfully tough stock. Also, if he's interested in a swap, the SR20DE is an easier starting point. Judging by the pictures of his old Accord which was unfortunately stolen, and by the fact that he is considering a Spec-V, it's a good bet that this guy is into performance. The fact of the matter is that for people on a limited budget (and I believe that applies to most of us) the SR20 is a much easier starting point and offers nearly unlimited modification potential.
This doesn't mean that the GA16 is "shit" as Ihateloops so eloquently put it. I'm seeing more and more nicely modified GA16DEs out there every day - Mike, your project is a shining example and I have the utmost respect for the incredible amount of time and money that has gone into that car. The GA16DE is a strong, reliable, smooth, economical little motor. But the fact remains that even with basic bolt-ons, the 1.6-powered Sentra and 200SX is still mid-to-low 16s in the quarter. The SR20DE stock is still faster than most NA 1.6s out there, even with significant modifications.
My comment was in no way meant to start an argument or make fun of the GA16DE. I don't have a problem with the GA16DE motor at all - I drive a B13 with one. So, if you took offense at my comment above, I apologize, it wasn't what I meant at all, so please don't get mad.

EDIT: Added a legal disclaimer above. Nobody be mad at me, I'm sorry :( .

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
andre said:

Uh-oh....I hear the belt coming off....someone's getting a whooping. :D

I say get the Spec-V. They look great, are faster, and if the same trend follows as before, will have more parts available for it. I say Spec-V....I know other people will just try to put you in their car, and I totally understand. I just dont want Mike to beat me over my head with an intercooler or something. :p
haha it's too much work to pull it off just to beat you in the head with it....lol

The Spec V is a great choice.

·
4,571 Posts
ihateloops said:

That was a real inteligent reply... simular to what the other post stated... someone with a SR20VE NEO VVL is going to think your SR20DE is shit. That could go on and on..

Why make the comment in the first place?

This forum is to share information not to dog other Nissan owners. There are plenty of sites that will except that,,,,not this one

hmmm the GA16 is gonna be slow no matter what?

What kind whp and torque are you putting down with your 93 SE-R?

·
4,571 Posts
samo said:

This doesn't mean that the GA16 is "shit" as Ihateloops so eloquently put it. I'm seeing more and more nicely modified GA16DEs out there every day - Mike, your project is a shining example and I have the utmost respect for the incredible amount of time and money that has gone into that car. The GA16DE is a strong, reliable, smooth, economical little motor. But the fact remains that even with basic bolt-ons, the 1.6-powered Sentra and 200SX is still mid-to-low 16s in the quarter. The SR20DE stock is still faster than most NA 1.6s out there, even with significant modifications.
My comment was in no way meant to start an argument or make fun of the GA16DE. I don't have a problem with the GA16DE motor at all - I drive a B13 with one. So, if you took offense at my comment above, I apologize, it wasn't what I meant at all, so please don't get mad.
Very well put!

So many people try to compare the two... the simple fact is people are comparing a 1.6 to a 2.0... apples and oranges.. The GA should be compared to other 1.6s for a true comparision. Look how the GA responds to bolt ons compared to a Honda 1.6...

Originally the project plan has to pull the GA and throw in a SR20DET, but like an earlier post stated....it's been done. The GA needed more aftermarket support... I hope our efforts have helped that a small %.... That was one of our goals...

Nissan produced this motor for 10 years... that alone says a lot....

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
myoung said:
So many people try to compare the two... the simple fact is people are comparing a 1.6 to a 2.0... apples and oranges.. The GA should be compared to other 1.6s for a true comparision. Look how the GA responds to bolt ons compared to a Honda 1.6...
This is true. The 1.6 was never made to be a performance motor, and its internal design reflects that. The fact that it responds to bolt-ons so well is impressive to say the least.

myoung said:
Originally the project plan has to pull the GA and throw in a SR20DET, but like an earlier post stated....it's been done. The GA needed more aftermarket support... I hope our efforts have helped that a small %.... That was one of our goals...
And I think that goal has been reached. Since your project, us 1.6 guys now have a turbo kit and cams, which is awesome. Those two mods were what was missing from the mod line-up. I think that because these two are out now, we're going to see more and more honestly quick GA16DEs. Now for some forged rods and high-compression pistons :D ...

·
4,571 Posts
Mike Kojima's words::::

We also noted that the GA16DE seems to be well suited for turbocharging, with it's long stroke, small bore and shallow-angle, turbulent combustion chamber, the GA is very resistant to detonation, the bane of a turbocharged engine. The long stroke also helps spool the turbo quickly. With the exception of brute strength of its internal parts, the GA seems better suited for turboing than the SR20!

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
samo said:

Sorry, didn't mean to piss anybody off,
EDIT: Added a legal disclaimer above. Nobody be mad at me, I'm sorry :( .
Didn't piss me off, me saying "what the hell was that supposed to mean" with the angry faces was more of a joke than any thing, now saying my car and fave engine is shit.....well now thats another story!;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts