Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New guy and PS problem ***UPDATE Problem found***

Just found this site (Looks like yet another web vice for me!!!) while searching the net for some power streering pump replacement info. I have a 96 1.6 200SX. What I was wondering was has anyone on here replaced the pump themselfs??? If so how hard was it??? Was it easier to get to from the bottom?? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: Upon further investigation I found that the return hose to the power steering unit was not tight. I almost pulled the hose off with a just a gentle pull. I'm glad I don't have to replace the pump just yet. I do however have concerns with the dealer as they are the only ones who work on my car and the hose was obviously loosened. I don't have proof of course, but I will not be going to that specific dealer anymore. The hose in question was like 3-4 inches from the oil filer and can only be loosened from under the car. Very suspect...

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
$tealer$hip$

yeah,

i just bought my car lucky it had a warrenty because the timing chain was on its last limb (I knew this when i bought it commen problem.) any way when i got it back it felt like the clutch wasnt disengaging all the way. well i looked at it the other day and those wonderful mechanics thought they would be nice and adjust my clutch cable for me!!! i dont know why maybe they wanted to get some money back they lost on fixing the car. any way i dont go to a $tealer for any thing the only reason i took it there becaus replacing the chain is a pain and expensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts