Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am excited to maybe join you guys at some event soon.
Here is the deal. I just got a hold of a 89 240sx fastback. The guy told me it had blown headgasket. Well it did and the motor with it. Not sure anything is wrong with the motor, but a decent sized chunk of aluminum is missing from the head and I fear it may be in the block. Anyway I am looking for a new motor to drop in and I was curious if anyone knows where I can get one for a decent price. alot of the salvage yards got them for 500 and up, and I don't believe that is a decent price for a motor with 120K+. Just let me know and I appreciate any help. I really want to get this thing on the road.

Jason

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
you should be able to pick up a good KA for around $200, if not less

$500 is crazy

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know 500 is crazy, but most of the salvage yards around the dfw area want that much, the cheapest I have found is a 90 KA24E with 148K for 450 from a salvage yard I work with alot for my probe.

As for where I found it, a guy I work with at NAS Ft. Worth sold it to me for 300 cause he needed money for his truck he just got an engine for. I am looking forward to getting this thing on the road and driving it.

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Sularus65 said:
I know 500 is crazy, but most of the salvage yards around the dfw area want that much, the cheapest I have found is a 90 KA24E with 148K for 450 from a salvage yard I work with alot for my probe.
Probe? ...are you a member of TxPOC/NTPOC?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, same screen name too. I haven't got a chance to go to a meet for a while though. Always too much to do here at the house with the wife and kids.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts