Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya Folks -

Just found this place from a google search. I'm planning on trading in my '98 Passat for a '00 - '02 Pathfinder. I've never owned a Nissan (but have a bunch of friends who have, Pathfinders, Altimas, Sentras, etc..) and I'm interested in learning as much about the Pathfinder as I can.

Main reasons I'm looking to get out of the Passat are:

- Electrical problems (glitches) up the wazoo!
- I want 4WD.
- Would like more storage capacity.
- Just always wanted a Pathfinder (and I'm not too fond of teh new '05 models.

So... I'll be looking around the forums, trying to learn what I can. But if there are any specific/common problems with '00 - '02 Pathfinders that I should know about, please post here.

Appreciate all your help... this looks like a good place. Thanks!

- Matty

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Reactions: morepower2

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey and welcome. the 99-04 pathfinder is great vehicle, handles like sports car on dirt, great fun. you should look into an 01 SE 3.5 5spd. they are an absolute blast!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

I just checked out v27.net. Very cool! I'll be joining later today or tomorrow... thanks! But I'd hardly be a true off-roader. 95% of the time I'll be using the truck as a daily driver. To work, around town, that sort of stuff. But it's GREAT to know that - should I get an itch for off-road fun, a Pathfinder will be perfect!

Badboy91 - Actually, I am looking for an '01 SE 3.5. I'm in a manual now (5-sp Passat) and I love it... but I'm thinking about going automatic on the Pathfinder. I live just outside of NYC and driving in traffic with a manual tranmission is a PITA! Another concern is even finding an 5-sp. Since I'll likely be buyng an off-lease, it might be tough to find anything other than auto.

Is the automatic tranny that much worse than the manual? I'm really "on the fence" with it and I'd be happy with either one. Just wondering if there's that much of a difference, reliability-wise.

THANKS!!!!
- Matty

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
MattyNYNJ said:
Thanks guys!

I just checked out v27.net. Very cool! I'll be joining later today or tomorrow... thanks! But I'd hardly be a true off-roader. 95% of the time I'll be using the truck as a daily driver. To work, around town, that sort of stuff. But it's GREAT to know that - should I get an itch for off-road fun, a Pathfinder will be perfect!

Badboy91 - Actually, I am looking for an '01 SE 3.5. I'm in a manual now (5-sp Passat) and I love it... but I'm thinking about going automatic on the Pathfinder. I live just outside of NYC and driving in traffic with a manual tranmission is a PITA! Another concern is even finding an 5-sp. Since I'll likely be buyng an off-lease, it might be tough to find anything other than auto.

Is the automatic tranny that much worse than the manual? I'm really "on the fence" with it and I'd be happy with either one. Just wondering if there's that much of a difference, reliability-wise.

THANKS!!!!
- Matty
I live in NY myself and I driven in the city many of times and it fu*%ing sucks when you got manual! My sister has a 03 Path se auto n its a good smooth shifting and has the power for the need to punch it on the LIE :thumbup:
Sence you live in NYC Id def go auto. Plus if u ever wanna go off road Id hate to have a manual off road.-imo
About reliability its all about how you take care of it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts