Nissan Forum banner

New guy here....come say hello :-D

2K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  samo 
I hear you guys about th 16's being faster for racing, and it's true. But listen guy, if your going to spend all this money on rims get something that offers performance AND STYLE. Let's face it, the Sentra could use a little help in that dept. I got 17's and I'm tellin ya, I don't feel slower at all. I am obsessed with the fact that my car looks 10 times nicer then before. In a week, you'll forget about that .000001 of a second you save in your 1/4 mile time, but if you get some sweet looking 17's or 18's whathaveyou, you'll be so happy you'll need a tissue box in the car at all times. and that's forever. You have to keep in mind that if you get some decent racing rims they will most likely be much lighter and you'll be going faster anyways. IMO you should get an intake ASAP, you'll love it. Even if you don't keep the car forever you can still make it much more enjoyable to drive. Enjoy. happy modding.

Yah, vivid's right. I bet the poor-man's intake is about as good as a WAI anyways (if you use a K&N filter of course) I did that to my 200 and I love it. Only thing I suggest is when you remove the lower portion of the intake box, cut the lip off so you can use it to retain the air filter. Hacksaw the lip off, it will have the clips on it and you can clip the lip back on. The cut lip looks kind of like a licence plate frame with metal clips. Be carefull, I cracked mine in the process. I forgot the car you'll be doing this to, but you'll most likely need to loosten the intake piping a bit and shift the airbox in another direction so your intake will be facing the firewall instead of facing down, that way it will fit perfectly and be supported by the battery and car framework. much better than laying out $200 for a WAI. (IMO!)

Damn Samo, you sure know how to shop bro!! We should add another link on the forum for deals we've found for our car's. Like today I found a complete bodykit by erubuni for $606. I wouldn't buy it, but someone might. They also offer the whole front airdam for $126, that's hard to beat! Here's the link just in case you guys want a closer look.

for the airdam
http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dspboparts&vpcid=086&vtitle=Body Part - Air Dam

whole body kit
http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm...le=1998 NISSAN 200SX Body Components Body Kit

jaggery, just save your money man, It's what a couple hundred more? one more paycheck? Sounds like the only thing you CAN'T afford is TWO sets of rims. Mine as well make the set that you buy KILLER!!! You know as well as I that performance is very expensive, so It takes time to accumulate nice parts. Take your time, don't impulse buy. and samo's idea was "right on the money" for us non-financially-bloated enthusiasts. JMO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.