Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have a problem, my head gasket is leaking, and I was wondering if that could affect my compression. I haven’t checked my compression yet and I don’t want to if I don’t have to. But it feels like I'm losing compression or maybe its a sensor.

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,676 Posts
First of all, without doing a compression test, how do you know that you have a leaking head gasket? Are you losing coolant?

It's fairly easy to do a compression test on all cylinders; all cylinders should be at least within 14 psi of each other.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that my head gasket or piston rings are going bad because its smoking at the tale pipe.

i saw that some oil was leaking from the head gasket so i thought id change that and if its still smoking ill check the compression.

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,676 Posts
The oil leak around the head is most likely due to a leaking valve cover gasket. Replacing the head gasket is very laborious and it's easy to screw up the cam or ignition timing. Do a compression check first to determine if there might be a problem with the head gasket or some other problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts