Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What engine fits in this kinda car? I'm thinking about switching for a 2.0 engine anyone can give me some advice ?

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
If you're thinking about swapping in a 2.0-liter engine, why did you ask the first question?

Please ask what you really want to know. For what kind of advice are you searching?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i was just wondering what kind of modifications must be made for it to fit or if the 1998 2.0 liter fits perfect?

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
jfbelmar said:
or if the 1998 2.0 liter fits perfect?
It fits perfect as far as space is concerned. Don't delay, go out and get one today!

·
Registered
79 Posts
It might fit, but if its like swapping a 2.0L into a older 1.6L car (like a b13), its a LOT more that just changing the engine. Axles, wiring harness and computer, MAF, possible the hubs, and a bunch of other things are different. Not for the mechanically challenged. Its probably easier to just sell it and find a 2.0L (and cheaper in the end).

Aaron

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
If I could do it all over again, I would just buy an SE-R and turbo that. Having a 1.6 to start out with is a pain in the ass. Anyone have a SE-R cluster for sale?? One that works anyways?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts