Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
VVL'd
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replacing my rear o2 sensor and resetting the ecu and not getting the rear o2 code which was nice to see, i got a new code which was :

0704 EVAP system Check the EVAP control system pressure sensor.

Anyone else ever get this code. How exactly would I go about dealing with this code.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i'm curious about this one too... i had that same code about a year ago and everytime i went to get gas, the pump would cut out on me every 15 cents... annoying that it took 20 min to fill up my car and i had to supervise... dealer fixed it for something like $200

·
VVL'd
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent had problems filling up yet.. Or problems with the car running. I wonder what the effects of having this code on are.

·
Registered
145 Posts
other than the fill up thing, i drove around on it for a few months... no adverse effects. from what i understand, the vent control valve is stuck in a closed possition, which is what is giving that code. but i dont even know what a evap canister vent control valve even is....

·
Registered
90 Posts
that canister is nothing but emissions b.s. i remobed mine about a year ago and have had no problems. on my b13 sentra it was right below thw master cylinder and booster. it is a round black plastic canister with about 4-5 vacum hoses connected to it. i am not sure where it is on your car. i know on maxima's it is under the car in the driver rear fender right behind the bumper. big black plastic box with vacum hoses. also if you dont close the gas cap all the way it can cause that code to pop up also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts