Nissan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. so my car is in great condition................but i want a 2.0L. im sorry but the 1.6 to me is useless yes you can get 233hp but after that its $$$ engine work. so i have been looking for a sentra SE (i dont think i could go 2 doors unless it was a porsche) so my delema: a sentra SE is hard to come buy, an SE-L even harder. these days people seem to know what the SE and SE-L are worth so they are pricy. should i keep on looking or just save up for an engine swap? the swap will be no big deal what so ever seeing as i will be going to UTI in march and i will have their facilities (and instructors) to my complete disposal on the weekends. and i am sure i could do all of this with 1 or 2k? so what do you think?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i dont want an se-l that bad...................if i came accross one for a good price and in good condition, but that would just be a bonus. i could get a g20 but that would be more expencive than a sr................god damn all these cars! to many choices and prices AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
if you can wait for a couple weeks i may be able to get you a sr20 cheap that if i dont re-consider doing the swap.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ehh it will be awile. i dont have the money or even close to having the know how. i am considering doing this after i have been at UTI for a few months, so this will happen in ohhhhh 6 months?

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
1.6pete said:
ehh it will be awile. i dont have the money or even close to having the know how. i am considering doing this after i have been at UTI for a few months, so this will happen in ohhhhh 6 months?
what about the 2000-2001 Sentra SE. I'm not totally a fan of the B15 chassis, but at least you get LSD. Either that or the G20 P10 or P11. The P11 is very sexy.

I agree with you, I hate coupes, seriously bad. It either has to be a 4 door or a roadster (2 seater), 4 seats+2 doors is unattractive to me b/c the rear is useless.

IMO, the swap is as much $$$-wise as the upgrade. I think that upgrading is a better option b/c you don't have to worry about the hassle of finding parts and doing the swap and everything isn't going to feel 100% like stock. You also get a fresh start, which is great if you fdon't mind doing some things over again.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^ i was laying in bed last night and i thought that EXACT thought to myself. :thumbup: i am going to look into the p10-11 (i wouldnt mind those seats either :rolleyes: ) and yea i drive most of the time when my friends and i go out and i couldnt handle people crawling over my seats all the time AHH!

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
the rear seat in the 200sx is surprisingly roomy
unless of course, you just dont like the looks of the 200sx

but by no means are the rear seats in a 200sx useless

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Radioaktiv said:
the rear seat in the 200sx is surprisingly roomy
unless of course, you just dont like the looks of the 200sx

but by no means are the rear seats in a 200sx useless
yea, i just like having 4doors. i can fit more in it (easier at least) ................drunks can get in and out (and have their own windows :thumbup: i DONT dwi so dont ask.......i drive my friends seeing as how i am normally the des. driver) its just more convenient for me. and i like the look of a sporty 4 door

1 - 13 of 13 Posts