Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my stuff from Ebay. Got myself an SE-R bumper, Guages with tach from a 99 sentra with red needles :) and am working on the fog lights and grill. Got my Sentr windshield banner on the way from Ebay. My question is this.. How do i remove the heater vents in my car? I want to get some from a salvage yard to see if i like them painted. anyone know how?
here are the pics..

cluster before

cluster after

Front end before

front end so far....

more stuff to come.. but i'm not going to over-do it.

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
Upgrades look real good so far. If you could find some SE-R fog lights to fill those holes, that would be sweet. Your car lost 64k miles with the cluster swap too. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm gonna report the mileage when i re-register my car. I couldn't pass up that cluster.. 30 bucks. I am looking at a set of se-r fog lights. Was gonna put in some diamond cut PT Cruiser fogs.. but they are just a little out of shape.. but fit.
The wiring was really easy. I made a new wiring schematic as a couple of wires were different than that of ninety-nine's. Plus i had another set of plugs which made it easy. took me about an hour from start to finish... the schematic took me about an hour also.
oh yeah... I just rolled 75,000 miles..lol. The car has a salvage title anyways.. so if i were to re-sell it.. i still wouldn't get a whole lot. Plus.. I love the car anyways; why sell it.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
cool
i was gonna do the swap myself but im too lazy. I've already installed a Sunpro tach about a year ago and i really like it and dont wanna get rid of it. I just ordered another cluster for my car cause my friend broke the plastic lense on mine. The dealer wanted way to much for just the lense so the cluster i got was like $14+10 for shipping ..so $24 ..like you said, can't beat that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nobody answered my question yet.... :waving: how do i remove the heater vents from the dash?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I dont know how to remove the heater vents, but you did a good job. I should be replacing my front bumper too as soon as my replacement fender arrives.

Oh and you can replace the odometer. Its pretty hard though because you have to take off the needles. Good think Justin (ninety-nine) did mine because I wouldnt have a clue as to what to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts