Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone please explain how to upgrade the amp on an 02 altima with the bose system? i'd like to replace the amp with something that would allow me to add a sub and crossover the rest of the speakers at around 100-200 hz.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Upgrading amp

On nissans with the bose system, you cannot simply change out a single component within the system. Each speaker has its own amplifier. Not only that, but BOSE systems are notorious for running at weird ohm loads (i.e. 0.5-2 ohms). Even if you could just replace the factory amp, you would have so many problems with your amp overheating and cutting of because of the ohm situation. If you really want to replace the amp, I hope you are prepared to change the amp, all four speakers, and the radio. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but someone had to.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info.

how about just tying into their amp and adding an amp that takes speaker level inputs (i heard jl makes some that do a pretty good job with this), and then adding a single ten. does this sound possible, and if so, where would you pull off a speaker level signal, before or after the amp (i'm assuming they are speaker level inputs going into the bose amp because there are no pre amp type wires, just a wiring harness.).

·
Registered
339 Posts
Tying amp into BOSE system

blk35se said:
thanks for the info.

how about just tying into their amp and adding an amp that takes speaker level inputs (i heard jl makes some that do a pretty good job with this), and then adding a single ten. does this sound possible, and if so, where would you pull off a speaker level signal, before or after the amp (i'm assuming they are speaker level inputs going into the bose amp because there are no pre amp type wires, just a wiring harness.).
The only amps that I know for a fact will work in this situation are the JBL BP3001, BP6001, and BP12001. I am sure others may work, but those are the only ones I have experience with adapting into a bose system

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would you mind explaining exactly how you tied the jl amps into the bose system.

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts