Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 Nissan Sentra E. I recently replaced the battery and alternator. The battery tested bad and would not hold a charge. the alternator also tested bad. I put the new battery in on Saturday and drove it for about 15 miles highway. The car sat in the garage until Monday morning. I drove it to work (15 miles) with no trouble. On my way home the battery shut off and the lights were all but off. When I pressed on the gas, the car would not accelerate until I turned off the lights and the heater and got some more juice. Eventually the car started to shudder a little, so I decided to pull it over and park it. I've looked around for answers and not sure I'm comfortable with the cure since the sicknesses seem to be different in each case. I'd hate to pour a whole lot more money into it seeing as how it isn't worth more than the $200 I have already put into it.
Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,225 Posts
It looks like the alternator is not charging the battery. With the engine idling, read the battery voltage; it should be around 14.5 V with a battery that's not fully charged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts