Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well needed a gas saver, and have some problems, the steering wheel shakes, she pulls left and right kind of quick at lower speeds, dealer said that it just needed some air or balance. I will get the balance done, but was $1900 a good buy, since they blue book for quite a bit more....only a couple of other minor things wrong. The cruise control on off switch on the left dash is cracked (ugh part number)...and the tires are almost shot. Would appreciate any thoughts. If this in the wrong thread, sorry :).

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
nd4spd said:
Well needed a gas saver, and have some problems, the steering wheel shakes, she pulls left and right kind of quick at lower speeds, dealer said that it just needed some air or balance. I will get the balance done, but was $1900 a good buy, since they blue book for quite a bit more....only a couple of other minor things wrong. The cruise control on off switch on the left dash is cracked (ugh part number)...and the tires are almost shot. Would appreciate any thoughts. If this in the wrong thread, sorry :).
ok for starters dont dont get an alighment yet if you had it on your list get new tires first my car pulled all over the road with bad tires. 1900 yeah i say its a pretty good buy i paid 1500 for my 96 sentra GLE but i sold it for a 95 200sx 5 speed got for 700 bucks. the switch im sure you could either go to nissan for it kinda pricey or go to a junk yard and hope you find one.. you probably would get better results if you posted this under b14 section. not too many people here post on these types of questions in this section

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up, will try to post better next time :), replaced the tires today, took care of the problem, drives like new, but they did say there was a small oil leak, and not sure where its coming from. I will try some junk yards, since I need a new washer squirter, mine is missing for some reason, and the pump is not working... but other then that not a bad car.. thanks again.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
the main front seal is netorious for leaking. Clean your engine bay and find out where it is coming from and post back. I'm sure most people could tell you what it is.

Also PM ninty-9 (justin) and ask him if he has the pieces. he probalby does laying around somewhere.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,227 Posts
nd4spd said:
Thanks for the heads up, will try to post better next time :), replaced the tires today, took care of the problem, drives like new, but they did say there was a small oil leak, and not sure where its coming from. I will try some junk yards, since I need a new washer squirter, mine is missing for some reason, and the pump is not working... but other then that not a bad car.. thanks again.
I would put that alignment back on the list as the new tyres will remove any set in the tread and remove the problem for now. You could have just swapped tires side to side and had same effect.
Your symptoms are the same as bad toe out. Watch for wear on the inside of the tires. Were the old tires worn evenly ??
Yes I have the oil leak too!! its on my list to fix.
Good Luck.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I noticed that the right front tire was very worn on the outsides, and the left front was fine, car did pull to the left pretty bad, but since then its ok, yea the alignment is still on my list very soon........lol ugh now last night I noticed that my gas pedal seems to be sticking around first gear when I shift, oh well :).

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
nd4spd said:
I noticed that the right front tire was very worn on the outsides, and the left front was fine, car did pull to the left pretty bad, but since then its ok, yea the alignment is still on my list very soon........lol ugh now last night I noticed that my gas pedal seems to be sticking around first gear when I shift, oh well :).
its your car telling you to push it further to the floor lol j/k

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol yea I would love to put a ton of mods on her, but I got it for gas mileage, and as of yesterday a full tank got me 32 mpg, compared to my grand am gt which was around 19 or 20, so I am estatic :). The car is fun to drive, and the people on here are cool as heck, so I will try to stay.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea, its the one that toggles left and right on the left side of the dash correct. If yes, then name a price :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I noticed on the '96 Sentra GXE I'm buying that it also has an oil leak on the passanger side of the car. The owners father said it is the timing chain cover, but if it is the front seal how much am I looking at to have a shop fix it?

I can't wait to get the car. Getting 30 something miles to the gallon is gonna be a change for me. You went from 20 to 30. Try driving an old Muscle car and going to 30 from 8. I spend about $120 a month on gas. Everytime my friends talk about gas mileage and asked me what I get my response is "What's gas mileage?" Boy this is gonna be different. :)

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
Acceler8ter said:
I noticed on the '96 Sentra GXE I'm buying that it also has an oil leak on the passanger side of the car. The owners father said it is the timing chain cover, but if it is the front seal how much am I looking at to have a shop fix it?

I can't wait to get the car. Getting 30 something miles to the gallon is gonna be a change for me. You went from 20 to 30. Try driving an old Muscle car and going to 30 from 8. I spend about $120 a month on gas. Everytime my friends talk about gas mileage and asked me what I get my response is "What's gas mileage?" Boy this is gonna be different. :)
if i remembre the front seal is less than 5bucks just hack the car up take the passenger side tire off get an impac get the but of the pulley. then get a steering wheel puller probably the easiest way to get the pulley off. you can take the oil seal out with by carefuly prying it with a screw driver. then put the other one flush in it and your good to go

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea but I was driving 110 miles round trip every day for work.. so thats why it sucked more, crap I think I was paying over 225 bucks a month, man it sucked.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts