Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new 1991 300zx and it hasn't been maintained as good as it should have been. Example: no dip stick. I spent 4 grand on it. What are some important things i should check for? i think i smell some oil burning. and there is a small oil leak. nothing too major. i'm new to z's and just want some starting help

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
I just got a new 1991 300zx and it hasn't been maintained as good as it should have been. Example: no dip stick. I spent 4 grand on it. What are some important things i should check for? i think i smell some oil burning. and there is a small oil leak. nothing too major. i'm new to z's and just want some starting help

How many miles are on her?

Do a major tune up?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Congrats on the new Z! Twin Turbo (TT) or Naturally Aspirated (NA) aka Non Turbo?

Just to expand on "major tune up"
60k or 120k service which includes the timing belt for TT (most important item)

Mileage would make a difference on service intervals for the belt between the TT and NA. There is also a recommended time interval as well. I believe four years.

Enjoy the new ride, Z

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its got 157k. its an NA 2+2.and i need a dipstick. anyone willing to measure theirs for me till i can get one ordered?

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
its got 157k. its an NA 2+2.and i need a dipstick. anyone willing to measure theirs for me till i can get one ordered?
It most likely be cheaper to go to a Nissan dealer and pick one up in person since it's a very light fragile and cheap.

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Congrats on the new Z! Twin Turbo (TT) or Naturally Aspirated (NA) aka Non Turbo?

Just to expand on "major tune up"
60k or 120k service which includes the timing belt for TT (most important item)

Mileage would make a difference on service intervals for the belt between the TT and NA. There is also a recommended time interval as well. I believe four years.

Enjoy the new ride, Z

If I could give you a gold star I would, Thank you!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Just trying to help out.

I could say go to TwinTurbo and read read read, but no one does and you know what can happen if there's a green orb... L0L

Thanks though, Z

1 - 7 of 7 Posts