Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just purchased a 97 200SX SE-R with about 105k miles. This is my first Nissan after owning several Honda and VW products.

The car has a K&N drop in filter and that's about it. Everything else is stock, so I'm looking into options for building it into a better daily driver.

My goal for this car is to get 200 whp without nitrious and keep the cost (doing the work myself) under $3k. I'd like to see gains accross the power band, not just at the top.

I'll be searching the forums for ideas and look forward to your comments.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bumpin said:
Welcome to NF! If info and suggestions are what you're looking for, then you've definitely come to the right place.
Thanks! :thumbup:

xbrandonx said:
under 3k shouldn't be too much of a problem and you did come to the right place for help.

www.nissanperformancemag.com will also help you achive your goals.
Thank you for the link.

I noticed two articles in the project section. One deals with the 1.6L and the other is the Classic SE-R. I'm still going through the articles in more detail, but it gives me a basic idea of what's involved. From what I'm reading, it looks like they put a lot more than 3k into the turbo setup, but it's an interesting read...

:cheers:

·
Registered
113 Posts
If not a member yet of the sr20forum.com, do become one. you will find plenty of info for the b14 sr20 you own. BTW, I own a 96 SE-R, welcome aboard just like you was a former owner of vw's(6 to be exact) before getting my SR20.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sr20jet said:
If not a member yet of the sr20forum.com, do become one. you will find plenty of info for the b14 sr20 you own. BTW, I own a 96 SE-R, welcome aboard just like you was a former owner of vw's(6 to be exact) before getting my SR20.
Thanks for the warm welcome! I recently signed up and have been looking through the threads. There's alot of good info :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts