Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI NISSAN RICERS

i just bought a 05 spec V, runs smooth fast and great. unbelievable torque, considering i sold my civic SI, that car was slow comparing to this. can't wait till i reach 1500 miles on odometer so i can start racing, but i am thing for starting with an exhaust.
i have my eye on hotshot header, and my friends and prospect mufflers are willing to install me 3" pipes, taking off the catalic and the resinator, and installing a custom performance large resinator with 3" inlet and outlet and a muffler at the end. what you think? i am thinking of changing the idea of them old fashioned loud mufflers and something more advanced like how the g35 and 350z sounds like?
please reply back for advices and updates maybe ?

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
3 inch piping is too much unless you are turbocharging.

2.5 inch in mandrel bent is good. The HotShot header is good, and there are also a few other names out there.

As far as loud, if you are running with no cats, it is going to sound very loud and very ricey, so I would invest in a resonator. ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how can i reduce noise

NickZac said:
3 inch piping is too much unless you are turbocharging.

2.5 inch in mandrel bent is good. The HotShot header is good, and there are also a few other names out there.

As far as loud, if you are running with no cats, it is going to sound very loud and very ricey, so I would invest in a resonator. ;)
the resonator is no problem and the header isn't either but i want to put a certain size muffler at once that even in the future when i put turbo i won't have to change the pipe for the exhaust again. and what good muffler with a very low professional tone is there out there ?
thanx

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
You can't go wrong with Magnaflow. The res is what is going to affect the sound quality most. If you want a 3 inch exhaust, VRS and BRM (or something like that) makes them. Most everything else is 2.25 except the NISMO which is 2.36 and a few exhausts which are 2.5.

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
sarsourus said:
i am thinking of changing the idea of them old fashioned loud mufflers and something more advanced like how the g35 and 350z sounds like?
Unfortunately, this will never happen. That 4 cyl has a completely diff sound... I went through a $hitload of exhaust changes on my Spec and ended up with the Magnaflow. Mandrel bent, stainless steel, good fit, and good sound. With the hotshot it will drone a little bit under 2500rpms under load, but exhuast sound is always so subjective. What sounds ricey to me might be the shit for you.

The Stromung is another way to go to get a nice sound, that isn't too loud, but def more expensive. Greddy, might be another way to go, but I think they are mild steel, not stainless.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i put the mr header and hayame exhaust on my 05 spec. its load but then again i have no cats. but i like the way it sounds. and i assume others lioke the way it sounds cuz when i cruise the circiut i turn heads.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ruben said:
Greddy, might be another way to go, but I think they are mild steel, not stainless.

The Greddy Evo 2 is stainless steel though out the entire system. which i am working on getting to install on my car i heard Hot shots was really good to

·
Registered
55 Posts
EchoFightr said:
The Greddy Evo 2 is stainless steel though out the entire system. which i am working on getting to install on my car i heard Hot shots was really good to
I also got the evo2 stainless from greddy. it sounds great. its not ricey, it kinda prrrrs. its soudsn great after 5300 rpm. Im glad i got it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts