Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't know. Just don't drive too hard for the first few thousand miles (keep the RPMs below 5000). Check the oil every couple of weeks to see if you are low--and if you are start checking it weekly--a lot of oil consumption could be symptomatic of other engine problems. Don't switch to synthetic oil at first, do so maybe in the second or third oil change (7.5k or 11k miles).
Other than that, enjoy the ride and start thinking about/saving for your modification plan.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yes, check the oil often.

Change it and the filter at around 1,500 - 2,000 miles to remove the break-in residue/debris. You can use synthetic oil right way ... but I wouldn't. I'd change the oil 3-4 times in the first 10,000-12,000 miles so using synthetic for these short intervals is a waste of money. You'll see no benefit.

Be moderate with use. Try to stay below 4,000 RPMs for the first few thousand miles ... without lugging the motor too much. Also, try varying the engine speed when it's brand new ... so avoid really long highway trips until you have 4 or 5 thousand miles on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts