Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wsup all i gotta question bout the VVL where do i find spec's on the motor and where can i get one. Also the sr16ve can i use my 1.6 axles and tranny if i do a swap.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
i think you need the sr20 trans and axels.

G

·
I'm not positive, but I really doubt they'll match up. Just because the SR and the GA can fit in the same car doesn't mean they can swap parts. They are two different series of engines. Although there is always the chance they can fit together with only slight modifications.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
There's two different ones, the SR16VE (produced 1997-2001 119TQ/173HP) @ $1600 and the very rare and hard to come by SR16VE N1 (Produced 1997-1998 134TQ/197HP) @ $3000 If you're serious about buying one, I'd get ahold of Andreas Miko, if he can't get you one, he can likely tell you who can. Honestly, for the money you're talking about, an SR20VE, or SR20DET swap would be a better "bang for the buck". You could go real insane and pay the $5K+ for an SR20VET but the shitty part is, you could build a more powerfull SR20DET with the same amount of money. For more info on the VE series engines, go read the FAQ in the SR20VE forum @ www.sr20deforum.com That's where I got all the info I gave you here. You can ask Shoes59 questions, he's a nice guy. He was very helpful when I was contemplating an SR20VE/SR20VET swap. I cut that shit out right quick, he set me straight. :) Big drawback with an VE engine, they're like GTI-R motors, they share little to nothing parts-wise with USDM DE motors.

·
Registered
35 Posts
All your questions about the SR16VE and SR20VE can be answered in SR20DE Forums.

http://www.sr20deforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=18317

This page contains all specs for both engines. It's a FAQ page. You'll find that you need the SR16 and SR20 share the same block. You will need a complete SR20DE swap including axels, harness, tranny, etc. to use a SR16 or 20ve if you're changing from a GA16. There is some minor distributor rewiring, but it can all be found in that forum. And forget aobut a SR16VE N1... they're just not available here....

Good Luck

Rog

1 - 5 of 5 Posts