Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:newbie:

Hi Everyone,
I am new to posting on this thread, but have been reading this forum for a while now, and want to thank everyone for all the info on this great car.
I live in B.C, and have taken a few SUV's for test drives, but have fallen in love with the X-Trail.
I am going to the dealership tomorrow to negotiate a price, and am just curious (and hope I am not being to forward), what the price is people are paying for it. I am looking at the automatic SE model, and am being quoted a price of $31000 plus the PST & GST for a total of $35495. Does this sound reasonable or should I keep shopping around?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks very much

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vento1 said:
Welcome Gingertwist,

Yes the X-Trail is great. My wife and I have had our X-Trail LE with VDC/TCS for just over 2 weeks and love the way it drives.

I assume the SE you are purchasing is the AWD. List on this is $31,600 with automatic. Therefore you are getting $600 off which isn't too bad considering this vehicle has been in Canada for only 6 weeks and there is a backorder for X-Trails. We personally received $800 discount on our X-Trail LE, so with your $600 off that's not too bad until Nissan gets more supply.

Good luck on your negotiations and hopefully the dealer will have an X-trail for you soon.

Thanks very much for the info Vento1.
I haven't purchased a brand new car for years, so wasn't sure if there was more room for negotiating prices. I guess not! Will still go ahead and purchase one tomorrow. I am so torn between colors though. Not sure if I want the red one or silver. Guess I will decide at the last moment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DL500 said:
We purchased our LE with VDC shortly after they arrived at the dealers. Many sales people were saying "list price only" but I could tell that some dealers weren't sure how the demand would be so early on so I went price shopping.

Eventually I found a sales manager who was willing to negotiate. Lucky he was the type who wanted to hammer out a deal quickly too (I was really busy at that time).

I worked out two prices, one based on my trade-in and one based on no trade-in. The no-trade in price was about $1300 off list. However, sounds like the waiting list is long now and the dealers might not be negotiating much.

While I was taking a risk at the time buying such an unproven car (in sales), it seems to have worked out nicely.
Thank you very much for the information

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kino said:
Just picked up my silver SE FWD - its my first car and I absolutely love it. the msrp is 28300 and I got just over a grand taken off - the dealer kept telling me they usually don't do that but I just insisted - this is the money I have take it or leave it.

Great car so far
Congratulations on getting your new X-Trail, and thanks very much for the information.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I went to the Nissan dealer today to negotiate a price on the X-Trail, thinking I would have to wait for a shipment of them to arrive, and lo and behold, there sat a silver SE AWD just waiting for me to take home. I am now the proud owner of a Nissan X-Trail and couldn't be happier!
Thanks to all for the great advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.