Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 1989 240sx. The wiring in the car is kind of a mess. The turn signles do not work, the dash lights will not come on, and the speedo does not come on at all or HUD. HELP HELP HELP....ne solutions to what might be the problem....leave some post...or even a wiring diagram...Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all the fuses are good....like half the cluster works cuz the tach works just fine and all the stuff to the right....but no dash lights come on like they should

·
Registered
35 Posts
Shiversport said:
I recently bought a 1989 240sx. The wiring in the car is kind of a mess. The turn signles do not work, the dash lights will not come on, and the speedo does not come on at all or HUD. HELP HELP HELP....ne solutions to what might be the problem....leave some post...or even a wiring diagram...Thanks
I had a bunch of those problems. For the speedo, you probably need a new speed sensor. I "borrowed" one from PnP. When you say the turn signals do not work, do you mean they don't work at all or is it just certain lights that don't work? My turn signals worked by there was a problem with the light assembly that caused none of my lights to work. Basically, the bulbs some how melted the plastic around a couple of the electrical connectors. This forced the connections apart. I scraped the melted plastic away and made sure the connections were solid and reinstalled. As far as your dash lights, change the bulb man. Half of mine were blown when I got mine. It's just a PITA takin the damn cluster out.

A note on fuses. A couple of problems I had weren't fixed for a LONG time because I checked, rechecked the fuses, and thought they were okay. My dumb ass checked them in the car without really looking at them under good light. Turns out 3 fuses were blown in a spot on the fuse that is really hard to see unless you looked at it at the proper angle. So I hate to say it... check em again and look at em in every direction. Hope some of this helps man...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts