Nissan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a guy who wants to buy our 1.6 Sentra engine BUT doesn't want to pay more than $125 for shipping.

I can't find a quote for less than $200 much less even close to $125..

Anyone ever done this or is anyone about to drive from chicago to Houston and want to make an extra $125 by taking an engine down for me?

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
R+L Carriers?

thats the only two i know of that id use to ship a motor

i guess maybe you could try contacting a vehicle transporting company and see if they'd mind throwing your palate on a truck or something

?sorry man i dunno?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Radioaktiv said:
R+L Carriers?

thats the only two i know of that id use to ship a motor

i guess maybe you could try contacting a vehicle transporting company and see if they'd mind throwing your palate on a truck or something

?sorry man i dunno?
it's o.k. thanks for trying....

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
How much does it weigh in total? Breaking it down into pieces and shipping UPS might actually be faster and cheaper (as crazy as that sounds).

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
I just ran an estimate on freightquote....

1 pallet, 500lbs, from generic zip code in Chicago to generic in Houston, shipper and receiver both have loading docks....

$118 was the cheapest.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Mark said:
I just ran an estimate on freightquote....

1 pallet, 500lbs, from generic zip code in Chicago to generic in Houston, shipper and receiver both have loading docks....

$118 was the cheapest.
You're good and I highly doubt anyone will beat that price.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
NickZac said:
How much does it weigh in total? Breaking it down into pieces and shipping UPS might actually be faster and cheaper (as crazy as that sounds).
i swear to god i will kill him if im stuck unloading that shit! lol.

i dunno about those freight shippers, all i know is UPS (cus i work there)...and you cant ship anything over 200 lbs(or maybe 250?). so you'd have to break it down pretty small to get it through UPS.

·
Peek-a-boo....
1,717 Posts
..........I'd set it on a pallet, have it metal banded to the pallet, shrink wrap it, and then build an open-frame crate around it.

Trust me, the shit gets messed up real easily when you load and unload a truck in a hurry.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Slayer2003 said:
..........I'd set it on a pallet, have it metal banded to the pallet, shrink wrap it, and then build an open-frame crate around it.

Trust me, the shit gets messed up real easily when you load and unload a truck in a hurry.

yeah thanks.. but he doesn't want to fork out the $20 - $30 it would cost to buy the plywood and nails and I'm NOT supplying it for free but I offered to free labor to build it but no dice so it is up to him to worry about damage in transit.. I get paid before it goes out.. it is going FOB... he is paying freight on his side (making arrangements)...

...free labor should be good enough.. it would take a good hour just to build the crate/boxing.... heck, he is already getting the free pallet, metal strapping, shrink wrap and free labor of getting it this far packaged!!!!! (already spent 3 hours getting it ready this far!!!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts