Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont have the book and dont know exactly where it is, need some in there pretty badly i thing, shifter starting to feel really dry, and besides the gear are there and constanly moving parts that this gear oil is on? I have a steady clicking sound coming from my bell housing, same sound your engine would make if it were low on oil. help me out guys. thanks

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I think it is at the front of the tranny housing about half way up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
its on the front of the case, half way up, its a circle plug with a square hole to put ONLY the head of a 3/8? or 1/2 drive ratchet into, you will see it, dont worry... when you fill er up, fill until it pours out that hole......

G

·
ok heres what i found ,first off its a plug that takes a 1/2'' square drive, this may be very hard to get out as mine was had to heat it to get it out, its two dis-simmlar metals so its usally tough to get out but get it out first, before you take the drain plug loose or you will have no way to refill!, also you can improve shift quality with some synthetic oil, but beware, you can only use redline MT-90, as this car uses brass tranny syncros, made my car shift way smoother even in the coldest weather, good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts