Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I need to buy a drum brake self adjuster for my '87 sentra. the dealership wants $70 . does anyone know a website that might carry this item for less , or am I stuck going to junkyards ?

·
Registered
751 Posts
http://www.oem-surplus.com/nwp/
or just go to your local discount auto parts store. They have kits for all that at prices far below stdealer cost. Also, when replacing stuff like brakes, buy the parts locally. Cuz you don't want to have your car disabled while you haggle with some guy on the internet.
http://www.partsamerica.com/
this is the website for CSK. Schucks, Kruger, duhhh, uhhhh, whats the other one?? :dumbass:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well , my car's already kinda disabled . . .I mean , I could drive it , but I'm not too hot about the idea of driving it without this part in place . . .the dude at auto zone told me they don't have it , and that I'd have to go to a dealer , but maybe he was feelin' a bit lazy ? I'll check around some of the local parts stores . . .thanks for the reply.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
it should be sold as a pcs or a kit ... autozone might not have it but someone else might... i not to familiar with those part store in US but it seems like they're the Us version of our Canadian tire... wich doesnt have much stuff for our cars either ... you might want to call some "brake" shop... they might be able to get the pcs for ya.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok - I've got the part . . .auto zone had it , I geuss the parts guy I was dealing with before didn't know his stuff . . . .A big thanks for everyone's help . . .

Oh ... isn't the grocery store kroger ? and the parts store krager ?

They don't have kroger out here- it's called fry's . . .and I've heard of krager , but we don't have those here , either . . .possibly, it's called checker out here , but I'm not sure. . .

Anyway , thanks again !

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
yea damn auto parts store people, i just use the computer myself now cus theres maybe one person into cars in there and hes always out

·
Registered
751 Posts
Slacky said:
yea damn auto parts store people, i just use the computer myself now cus theres maybe one person into cars in there and hes always out
Yea, I always try to get p/n's (online) from 2 or 3 brands befor going to CSK. I usually end up there first cuz they're closer than A-zone. But I seem to have better luck at the zone.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Popkorn said:
Yea, I always try to get p/n's (online) from 2 or 3 brands befor going to CSK. I usually end up there first cuz they're closer than A-zone. But I seem to have better luck at the zone.
although CSK is cheaper...by far. And I do the same thing!! I've had so many "ASE Certified" idiots F*** up a simple parts order. Really pisses me when its special order and it comes and they're like "oh, oops, wrong part number...that'll be another 5 days"....... :dumbass:

You know, no one has mentioned NAPA though....most napa stores are very good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts