Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok .. i gotta 92 sentra xe and im trying to modify it .... i found some intakes and exhaust systems but need suggestions on what im trying to get because i swapped a 92 motor wit a 96 gxe motor and plan on taking it 4rm there so what kinda exhaust system shoud i get and would i be better off wit a short ram intake???? and i heard nisnacks doesnt make the clear tails anymore and im looking exactly for the clears for mine .... but just tell me wut all wud you do if you had a 92 sentra besides what i need help on ?????? THANKS

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
tailights: you can do Tsurus. Or You can paint the entire lens with a translucent red paint. i saw this on a silver SE-R in an old Turbo magazine years ago. it looked really good. I tried candy apple red and it was like pink, so I had the wrong stuff.

I used to have the Nis-knacks Kit and I sold it. the housings were OK, not the best quality plastic. I replaced them with new factory housings. I am not pissing with this anymore.

Chris 92 classic

·
Registered
48 Posts
taillights: imo stock (incl tsuru) are ugly. if you're cool going international hit up mercadolibre.com they had some clears a while back... remember the b-13 chassis is still popular south of the border and in latin america. if you have a 96 motor make sure you get the right parts for it. if you live somewhere it gets cold you could do a cold air intake system. but a short ram is going to give you a good gain over stock. exhaust wise a high flow cat and high flow muffler with bigger pipes should make you happy. IDK what the stock dimensions are but a 2.5" pipe should do plenty well. just search the web for the things you want and don't be afraid to ask an expert about particular products.

·
Registered
485 Posts
If you dont plan on going turbo then avoid anything larger than 2.25 for the exhaust. 2.5 is just to big for these engines. Intake is a matter of choice and plans. The short-ram will give you a good amount of low end improvement and the coldair more at the top end. Cold air also has worse MPG improvement. More fuel to burn the denser air, yet also a little more power. Im not big on the ricer look so I have no idea about the clears. Anything involving the engine def needs to be for the 96 year, but the other things like the intake and from the cat back will be for 92 and might need a small amount of modification if there are any issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts