Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here's the deal. I replaced the clutch in my Nissan Stanza today, when I discovered that two bolts in the rear of the crossmember were missing, in addition to the holes being stripped, which prevented me from utilizing one bolt from the front to attach to the rear for temporary needs.

I think this also applies to U13 Altimas as well(for those with Altimas willing to help). If I get this fixed, I can drive the car fine without the car jerking back and forth.

All I need to do after this is get the injectors cleaned, siphon the gas and put new gas(the car was sitting in my driveway for a year so it's pretty bad haha), and fix the A/C and I'm set for this beater :cheers:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sounds like you need a helicoil kit. :)

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
looks like a spring, but it's made to replace damaged threads..
you drill out the bolt hole slightly larger than the original bolt, use a tap the size of the outer coils of the helicoil, then you screw the coil into the hole and file/grind the end to make it flush.

then you can put the original size/type bolt back in the hole. of course make sure they're not stripped as well, which may be the case with your bolts.

here's a pic of a helicoil kit:
http://www.dansmc.com/helicoil.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the explanation. You happen to know how long the process takes? I don't have the bolts, and I will have to get one from another Stanza or Altima sitting at a junkyard to do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Electrotek said:
Thanks for the explanation. You happen to know how long the process takes? I don't have the bolts, and I will have to get one from another Stanza or Altima sitting at a junkyard to do it.

I work for Midas now and weve done stuff like that a couple of times, it doesn't sound like you could get the car to where I'm @ but if you can or just the part. I'm currently at the shop on Midway on the North end of addison airport.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts