Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my timing chain cover got ruined after i took a trip up to seattle last week changed the cover and yesterday put some oil and seom antifreeze in the engine but when i started to head out to work the engine lagged and stalled on me in the low and mid rpm range so what in the hell is going on? is it that i need to letthe motor idle for abit to let all the fluids get circulated or what? anyways i just got back from work so its time to listen to soem bob marley and relax and forget about my freakin ga15 til tomorrow afternoon.any ideas as to whats going on would be very helpful. oh yeah i'm short on cash til next week so i cant take it into a shop.so hopefully i can get soem help from any of you guys.

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
Did you happen to check you timing chain and components while you had the cover off to make sure nothing was too badly worn ? Did you ever figure out what cracked that cover ?

can't really see how just replacing that cover would bother anything. I would do the usual check to make sure all is plugged in and no vacuum lines have been disturbed or pulled off.

I have only replaced a timing set up one time on a toyota 22R motor. had to replace entire timing set, cover, and clean out the oil pan as it was full of timing chain guide scraps and coolant. after putting it all back together, she fired right up and purred. doubtful has to do anything with fluids. :rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts