Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Hi need some help with my nissan sentra I got the motor rebuilt it ran great until it started ticking again...But now I'm having issuses with the starters burning up and not disengaging I've replace 2 starters in the last 2 day's I got a new starter in there right now but it makes a nasty squeal noise after its started can anyone help me on what it is???? poissibly a flywheel? or flywheel bearing? oh and the car is a 1998 nissan sentra GXE....

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,227 Posts
So if its not dissengaging and you are getting a new solinoid with each starter can you check the output from the switch with a multimeter ? maybe its faulty.
If it is not being held in, then check the clearance between the pinion and the flywheel.
Maybe the clearance is tight and the gear is being held in.
Sorry no other ideas.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nevermind guys my sentra took a shit on me gotta go back in and drop the tranny. The flywhell expolded and some other shit went wrong just a project now :>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey dose anyone know or know of any free repair mauals for my car I wanna remove the tranny but really not sure how too...I only work on honda's ummm....nissan is becoming a favorite though..

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,227 Posts
phatg20.net

1 - 5 of 5 Posts