Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I ran into an issue on my 97 XE. My o2 sensor was bad. So I ordered a new one. When I tried to loosen the old one, the bugger wouldn't budge. got some PB and shot it on there which normally would help. Finally it started to turn, but instead of the o2 sensor turning, the fitting it threads into on the manifold turned. so I took that out, put it in a vice and finally got the old sensor out. Turns out that whomever put it in originally stripped the threading and now I need a new fitting as well. I've searched all over trying to find one and I'm really hoping somebody can help me do so. I don't want to go to the Nissan dealer and pay triple what I would pay at an Advanced Auto or something. Please help me find this part!?!?!

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be a great idea. Problem is where I live. I'm a good hour away from the nearest junkyard. I'll do that if I have to, but I was hoping somebody might know of a website that would carry this particular fitting.

I actually ordered one from partstrain.com. But when it arrived it was the wrong fitting despite it stating it was the correct fitting on their site. I'm going to also try going to Advanced and showing them the part. Perhaps they have it, just not on their website.

The other question, with regard to junkyards, would be. do they allow you to go in and take parts off usually? i'm sure they'd still charge me a good bit if they make me take the entire exhaust manifold right?

I'm not trying to be difficult, just trying to figure out what my best options are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts