Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a 1990 300zx NA, I got some cars I'll be looking at soon so I would like to find out some common problems that I should be keeping an eye out for.

Also, I have been trying to figure out if all of the Z32 trims come with an LSD, could someone verify that for me please.

-Dima

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
I'm looking to buy a 1990 300zx NA, I got some cars I'll be looking at soon so I would like to find out some common problems that I should be keeping an eye out for.

Also, I have been trying to figure out if all of the Z32 trims come with an LSD, could someone verify that for me please.

-Dima
All equipped with mechanical LSD.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Things to keep in mind -
1990 had the most problems - from information I have, 1993-1996 are the best models.
Most I've been involved with seem to have some type of power steering issue.
Also check for leak issues in trunk (foggy tail lights ).
Make sure the Ignition Module has been replaced or is the Nissan Equip, you do not want the Mitsubishi one, they fail and will leave you stranded. Make sure maintenance records are good - timing belts, air and fuel filters can make or break cars performance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. This one I'm highly considering the guy changed the ignition module he said they tend to go on this car, did the timing belt not too long ago. So I'm gonna have my mechanic check out the rest and if there is nothing wrong with it I think it's a keeper, I'll post pics after I get it. :D

Thanks again for the input, Dima.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts