Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
I have a problem with my GA16DE NX (100nx) speed meter (MPH) (tachco?) Any ways it isn't working so i thought it would be the clocks so i change the clocks and still didn't work so i was convinced it was the speed sensor (electric one) so i changed it with some struggle and it is still not working so i need to track down the wire from the electric speed sensor to the wires behind the clock (i guess) trouble is don't have a clue, the Nissan manual i have doesn't include this, can anyone help me out on where the wires are perhaps with a wiring guide or something OR maybe help me out on what it can be to solve the problem?

Many thanks, TeJero

(though it isn't a MOT failure id like the speed clock to work as i'm doing adding a supercharger so kinda NEED the speed clock unless i want to speed through cameras)

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
You dont say what year model you have and series.
The NX here was B13 1600nx and 2000nx so this doesn't line up well.
Is the odometer working ?
Did you change the whole cluster?
download the FSM at phatg20.net
PhatG20 - Sentra

they have a 94 B13 Sentra that should be close or many B14 95 up.
I realize these are not N series.
Where in Sussex are you ?

Good Luck...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hello
I was hoping that GA16 would shed some light on it, i have the 1600nx only known as 100nx here you see. Its the B13 or N14 i guess. I have the 92 which should be carb (DS) but its as above injection now so that really doesn't help lol.
Yeah changed the whole cluster, speed sensor etc. thanks i just got this from sr20 forums apparantly its deffiantly in this so just gonna send to my mechanic and hope he has more time on his hands!
I'm in Chichester (west sussex) UK you been to sussex?

Cheers, TeJero

edit : forgot to say everything else is working, and i know clusters etc were working before in other nx so was speed sensor so im 99.9% its the wiring

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
yes Harwich last summer, brother lives there.

Well if the odometer is working shouldn't it be in the speedo head / cluster ?
Other than that I would suspect the ECU.
I believe the last of the B13's here had the electronic speed pick up.
This is from the B13 manual 1994

·
Registered
4,211 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ooh many thanks that last bit were the one i need, sadly though i cannot look at the car till next week or so, so shall let you know about that

Ahh Harwich i had to look on map quest as i didn't know where it was!
Well if it was the ecu i thought there would be other things not working so well but this is the only problem (although it is probably getting a new ECU when it will be tuned, or part new ecu anyways) i did change the whole cluster/ dials etc from working nx'ers i now have a spare set of clocks which i think i'm going to attempt to make my own dials :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts