Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...

really need some advise here...im from columbia, mo and its tough to get a classic ser...been looking for couple of months now and lost out to about 4 great ones...two were close by while the others were quite some distance away...actually more like a days drive away but i wanted one bad...anyways there is a 1992 nx2000 close by for sale...with 64k miles and bone stock...has power steering, locks, windows and abs...pretty good fine but i dont really know much about nx2000's accept that it has a sr20de engine and has lsd...what else? is it a worthy replacement for a classic ser? i dont really care about looks and size as im a bachelor and looking for a job...please any advise is appreciated...and i need the advise quick before i lose out on this too...

thanks!:cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mechanically it's the same as the SE-R, except it has the bigger AD22VF brakes. The back seat is smaller, but the hatchback makes it very practical for carrying stuff. The stock wheels and tires are wider (14 X 6" vs 14 x 5.5"), and the T-Tops are great fun. Most mods that go on a SE-R will work on a NX, except Cat-back exhaust system. Lower coefficient of drag gives it more potential for top speed, but lower airflow to the radiator makes it more likely to overheat during road-racing. Looks just comes down to personal preferences, but I think it kinda looks like a mini-Z at certain angles (many call it the Egg). There were less than 10,000 total ('91-'93) in the US, so it is also a very rare car ('93 being the rarest w/ only about 400 made).

More info than you probably wanted, but too much is better than not enough. Hope this helps.

- Kelly

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah....he´s right on the money.....definitley check the car for 5th gear pop-out which they are infamous for..

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would atleast go look at it and see if thats something you would enjoy driving. Remember this is going to be yourcar.
and even tho its always nice to get other ppls opinions the final decision is up to you. just my .02 cents dont know if it matters any tho. peace

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks!!

hey all...

thanks for the opinions...i got it...went and checked it out and it was in great condition...only the AC and cruise didnt work which didnt bother me...got it for $3200...think thats quite a deal considering the low mileage and condition...i am not a happy [email protected])DE owner...;)

·
Registered
389 Posts
So you are or aren't a happy SR20DE owner? Hopefully you are. Check out the SR20DEforum.com and do a search for he A/C and the cruise. The sight is down right now but shoud be up soon. They also have alot of tips on how to tweak some power out of the engine and shit like that but do a search before you ask a question because the guys in the forum will get pissed off if you ask questions that have been asked a ton before.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ooopps...

wow some typo there...supposed to be 'now' instead of 'not'...im in love with the car...sweet as hell...okie ill do that as i was gonna post some questions...saved me from getting bombed...

thanks! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts