Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta 1996 200sx se. I have a bad clutch, seems to be a blown seal, and half the other shit on my car is messed up. I also have some performance parts and other stuff to put on my car. I want a faster car. My plan was just to get the clutch fixed, put the wheels back on, and sell it and get an 200sx se-r if at all possible. I wanted to do a DE-T swap.. my other option was to do a turbo on the ga16de but it seems to be too unreliable. So what do you all think...

I also have another question... how much have you guys spent on a clutch install and what type of clutch. More importantly, how many labor hours.

Help me out guys!!!

·
Surf
807 Posts
my car is an auto so i can't help much with the clutch question. I'm not sure if the ga16 is reliable enough for a turbo, but i know that our trannys are weak as hell so they sure arent reliable.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i do my own clutch... but it should run you about $300 to $400, depending on the place you take it to...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have no place to keep my car when its apart. not to mention its busy as hell so i have to work a lot.

I really want an SE-R and go from there. They're so rare now that I see them all w/ 100,000 + miles on them and I don't really want to have to pay for that in the end.

·
Driver
736 Posts
Get it back to as stock as possible, sell it, sell the performance parts, save a little extra money, get a much faster car and build from there!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thats what I was thinkin. Right now I'm trying to clean it up as much as possible. I just fixed my driver seat.. it had a penny drop down into the track and it stopped it from moving forward. I had to take the seat out and it was a pain to get the penny out. I guess I'll get a new clutch and then see what happens from there. I also gotta get my rear bumper painted. I didn't really want to have to sell my car but I guess I'm going to end up selling it in order to get anymore performance. I still don't know what to do. I've also been looking around for a 240sx se.

·
Driver
736 Posts
Well, I'm sure you know you're not going to get much for the car when you sell it(terrible resale value), but that doesn't mean you shouldn't still sell it. It's all up to you but remember, unless you have a lot of money to play with already, the little money you keep dropping into the car will not make it much better than it already is. Unless you want to be building this thing forever(a little bit at a time mind you), starting with a faster car is a better economic solution.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am looking for a new car right now. I understand I won't be able to sell it with out the clutch and whatever else is wrong. I sold my drop springs to someone on the board. I lost a lot of money on it but I decided I didn't wnat the car. I would rather have an SE-R, 240sx, or maybe a mitsubishi eclipse GS-T. I want to start out w/ a fast car and then in a couple years work on it. I know all are rare w/ low miles and around my area.. I'm willing to drive out of state if it's worth it (and florida is a long state). I'm just not into driving this car anymore. It's a nice car for a teenager, but I want one w/ a little less miles, even though mine only has 60,000. There is no point in driving one that has even more than that. But we'll see.. I want to wait for a nice phat tax return check first and then we'll see what I want :) This winter is going to be great for the retail business, so I should make a lot too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts