Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...I'm planning on contacting my Uncle in Ft Worth today to get some more Lubrication Engineers oil. Chris bought some with me a while back. I really like the oil...it is a synthetic/paraffinic based oil.

Anyways...A case of 24-quarts is ~$120. If anyone would like to go halves with me it would only be ~$60. Retail for a case is usually ~$160. I will check with my Uncle on the final price today when I call him. I just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in getting some with me.

I plan on either getting the 10w-30 or 5w-30 found on this page:
http://le-inc.com/products/Eo/EO_PassengerCar.html

Let me know.
Jeff

·
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can also get more than 1 case if I get more people that are interested.

·
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LE originally sold to truckers...they run this oil on 200k-300k intervals.

They don't sell anything specifically for 'Higher Mileage'...you know that Quaker State brand is just a false selling brand, right?

·
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ny98max said:
I am up for an oil change actually, but is it better than Mobil 1?
Here's something I got from Maxima.org regarding LE oil...
Carl2k2SE said:
The following is something you might find interesting. It was some correspondance from my brother(Curt)to the Oilman(Kevin). Since it's an email, start at the bottom and read up. I have always used Valvoline All Climate oil and my Bro uses Lubrication Engineers in his '96 WS-6 Firebird. He's pushing 400+HP at the rear wheels with the mods he's made and did a complete teardown of the motor this past winter(he installed a nitrous piston/crank/rod kit and internally balanced the motor). He's mic'd all the clearances and there was amazingly little wear with over 120K on the motor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Curt,
The reason that I say they are a waste of time is that we are in a different market than they are. Most of our business is in 55 gal drums and up to 8,000 gal tanks. We are not set up to sell small quantities or be in the retail market like those other companies are. Conversely they are not into the industrial or big truck market like we are. So it would not be very beneficial to Lubrication Engineers to test against those companies.

Test oil --------------------- P/F -- Wear# -- TFOUT (oxidation)

Castrol GTX ------------------ Fail -- NA ----- 121
Havoline Formula 3 ----------- Pass -- 14 ----- 193
Honda ------------------------ Pass -- 14 ----- 323
Mobil ------------------------ Pass -- 16 ----- 218
Mobil 1 ---------------------- Pass -- 12 ----- 509
Mopar ------------------------ Pass -- 19 ----- 237
Motorcraft ------------------- Fail -- 207
GM Goodwrench ---------------- Pass -- 16 ----- 221
Pennzoil --------------------- Fail -- 231
Quaker State ----------------- Pass -- 11 ----- 157
Total Quartz 5000 ------------ Pass -- 17 ----- 219
Toyota ----------------------- Pass -- 14 ----- 222
Phillips 66 Tropartic -------- Pass -- 17 ----- 153
Valvoline All Climate -------- Pass -- 17 ----- 247
Valvoline Dura Blend --------- Fail -- 166
Western Auto ----------------- Fail -- 190
Lubrication Engineers 5w-30 -- Pass -- 6 ------ 481

Look for low wear# combined with a high TFOUT# (oxidation) and you will find the best oil.
Kevin
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Kevin,
Can I have the updated list anyway? Why is Amsoil, RedLine and Royal Purple a waste of time? I see quite a few people say they use it, but I know it's snake oil. I was just hoping to have some ammo as to why
Curt
Curt,
The updated list of the 5w-30 oils does not list Amsoil, Redline or Royal Purple. Those oils are not very much competition so a waste of time to test.
Kevin
Kevin,
I was wondering if I could get an updated list of all 5w-30 and 10w-30 oils that you have tested. I'd especially like to see some numbers from such oils as Amsoil, RedLine and Royal Purple if available.
Curt

·
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much is Mobil 1? I see prices from 4.99-5.99 each.

A case of Lubrication Engineers is around $120 from my uncle. A case equals 24. 120/24=$5 per quart.
(nice edit Blake);)

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
shut up

i realized the math after the fact

id grab some with you, i just cant afford to drop $60 right now :(

·
Registered
319 Posts
Radioaktiv said:
shut up

castrol gtx works fine, my crap hasnt blown up yet and its been through hell. woot woot but who knows maybe i will grab some. let me see if my dad is interested

·
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Radioaktiv said:
shut up
Hahaha...it's cool man.

I'm getting 12 quarts regardless. If you want to go in with someone and get 6 each then that's cool. That would be around $30 each. :cheers:

·
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah...I was buying the 'jug' of Mobil1 for around $29 (incl tax), iirc. I just hated having that last bit left over after using ~5 1/4 for my Maxima.

·
Registered
72 Posts
meanbean said:
That LE oil looks great but you can get a 6-pack of Mobile 1 SuperSyn 10w30 for ~$21 at Sam's Club. (Membership has its privileges.) If you don't have a card then you can go to Walmart and get the "jug" of Mobile 1 for a little more. :)
the jug price varys @ walmart...sometimes ive seen from 17 to 21 bucks ..but its usally around 19 and some change

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
if i wasnt pinching pennies for Teins and wheels, then id be all over this

just let us know next time ya go

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
i think ill get some later on too.. im due for an oil change in a couple of months.

·
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll definitely let everyone know. :thumbup:

·
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Kay...I just talked to my uncle and I'll pick up the case tomorrow morning. If anyone wants to buy either 6 or 12 quarts from me then bring the $$ to the meet.

The total for the case of 24 was actually ~$130 but since I already said $120 then I'll do the pricing as follows:
6-qts = $30
12-qts = $60

I will only have 12-qts up for grabs if anyone wants any.

Just let me know...
-Jeff

·
Back in a Nissan....
105 Posts
Dallas Dodge carries Mobil 1 Synthetic for 3.99 a quart. Its a special they always run in their parts department.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts