Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find a new after market cat for my 95' 200sx se-r? I've already seen the radom technology 1 but, its too pricey for me. I have heard that Catco makes 1 for our cars but wheres it at? Is the OBX 1 any good? I have a 2.25' down pipe to the cat and a 2.5' Megan Racing cat-back system for better reference. Whats the measurement of the cat? ANY BODY????

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
the nissan cat is the best flowing, you can get the catco or magnaflow and get pipe to weld it in, but its worthless, just go to a junk yard and look for a used one... obx is shit

·
Slashie
394 Posts
psuLemon said:
the nissan cat is the best flowing, you can get the catco or magnaflow and get pipe to weld it in, but its worthless, just go to a junk yard and look for a used one... obx is shit
Junk yards around here wont sell you one because they say its illegal. I guess the feds require you to buy a new one when you replace it. Has anybody else heard this in other parts of the country?

Be careful also of Cats on ebay and stuff. Some are just resonators. A catalytic converter has ceramic coated in platinum and there's no way in heck that it'll sell for $30 new.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Yea you cant buy a used cat anywhere, that is legal anyway. You can try our classifides section.
Just curious, why do you think you need a new one?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts