Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can i make my ga14de engine run faster?... my sentra runs 17.7 secs in a 1/4 mile, is it fast enough for my engine?... i only have headers, air-intake, fiberhood, and a mid pipe exhaust in it...

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
ga14? ...i think you mean ga16de. and the only thing you can do to make you car fast is to turbo charge it.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
91sentra said:
No, he must drive either a Sunny or an Almera right? You could check in the Forced Induction section to see about the possibility of turboing. With your base hp of 78, you'll never net good enough results going all motor...
he says he drives a b14 sentra in his first post and his profile......and where did 78 hp come from? the ga16 makes 114 crank HP stock and about 95 WHP (give or take 5).

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
1.6pete said:
he says he drives a b14 sentra in his first post and his profile......and where did 78 hp come from? the ga16 makes 114 crank HP stock and about 95 WHP (give or take 5).
But he lives in the Philipinnes(sp.) and there is a GA14 there and the HP is about 78 IIRC...... The 1.6 isnt the only engine the GA code, theres a 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and others.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
ohhhhhhh, i did know that, i have never heard of the ga14 my bad :cheers:

·
Registered
111 Posts
yes there is a 1.4L GA here in the Philippines

wapoy, are you a member of Nissanbayan? if not I suggest you join up and search some of your queries there.

·
Registered
612 Posts
wapoy said:
how can i make my ga14de engine run faster?... my sentra runs 17.7 secs in a 1/4 mile, is it fast enough for my engine?... i only have headers, air-intake, fiberhood, and a mid pipe exhaust in it...

Pushing helps :D The mods you listed won't do a thing for drag racing. You need all sorts of stuff to increase the airflow through the engine: cams, turbo, intake, exhaust, larger valves, etc. Don't attempt unless you know what you're doing.

Of course, a cheap and easy way out is nitrous, but that stuff is dangerous.

·
Right By DA Beach....
1,842 Posts
Well that motor wolnt with stand much of it...

Your true cheap and easy way out is to gut the entire car...:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts