Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
VVL'd
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I have about 400 bucks and Im not sure what kind of mod would give me the most hp for the buck. All I have at this point is just a K&N filter in stock airbox and custom exhaust. A hotshot header is on its way next week though. By the way I have a 1998 200SX SE. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Upgrade that intake to a CAI. Hotshot has one for $215. 5-10 hp gains. The underdrive pulley from UR is another cheap one, $200-something I believe. That's another 5-10 hp (ballpark figures here folks, I can't remember exact hp gain numbers)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey!

Why don't you get in on the UR pulley group buy? You are looking at under $200 (if I can remember actually at $140 if we get enough people).
Upgrade to the CAI, get the pulleys, advance your timing and you will feel the gains.

***EDIT***

If we go through Massimo Performance we are looking at with 25 people, the pulleys are $150+ shipping, and +35 we can get them for $145+ shipping. Please join up!

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Or do like me, sell your GA16DE powered car, buy a SR20DE powered car and in the end, have a 30hp gain for $500 out of pocket expense! How's that bang for your buck? ;)

·
Banned
809 Posts
save up 400 more dollars. then get the headers, CAI, a muffler, a resonator, and the unorthdox pulleys

heres what your looking at

Headers - 400 (HS) 100(OBX)
CAI - 200 (HS) 100(Custom extension, and warm air)
Muffler - 200 (maximum anywhere between 70-200)
Unorthdox pulleys - 200 (group buy is best, right liuspeed?)

B

·
0 Posts
what does labor usually cost when putting in the pulleys? just looking for an overall cost on it

K

·
0 Posts
I want UR pulleys too, but will eventually switch to the sr20 so whats the point. 500 bucks for an SR20??

·
Registered
118 Posts
what toolapc was saying was sell the ga16 powered car, and find a nice little se-r, and you will probably only have to spend 500 dollars that you did not get by selling your current car. oh, and the pulley set, not really a very strong hp gain, but yes, it is safe.

·
VVL'd
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Too bad I couldn't have my ecu reprogrammed as well. Jwt told me I needed an ecu from 95-96. I'll look into the CAI though. Im a bit wary of that pulley just yet. Has anyone had one on for quite a while and had no problems?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts