Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sob, my car was being fixed, just a normal valve cover and spark plug seal replacement, my mechanic said there was another mold or gasket or something and he accidently busted it trying to get it out. He called the Nissan dealer and said some models are like that everything is together or something and they want $150 for the gasket or set wtf! Does anyone know what hes talking about, I will try to clarify here in a bit.

·
MY PIRANNAS ARE BITTING
147 Posts
nd4spd said:
ok he said he broke the hole valve cover assembly, sob!
pick one up from a j/y get it from a B13, it'll be way less than the buck50

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea he is a really good mechanic, but he didn't say about who will pay for it... he was pretty damn bummed out though, said he still does not know how that could have happened. I just told him shit happens, and shit breaks, so....he said thanks, but I wont have the car till the end of the week...crap.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
I bet he probably tightened it to much causing it to crack. He should have to pay for it, but he can get one from anywhere he wants to. As long as it is in the same condition as the broken one.
If he makes you pay for it, ask him to split the bill, or just pay for it himself due to the fact that he broke it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea he ordered a new one from a nissan dealership...well at least I will a nice and new cover ....ugh.

·
Da Dirty South
115 Posts
Thats good that he will buy you a new one. I don't see why a mechanic would break a part (the mechanics fault) and not replace it. But I'm sure there are. There should be a law against mechanics that won't take responsibility for their fowlups.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Nissan200sx said:
Thats good that he will buy you a new one. I don't see why a mechanic would break a part (the mechanics fault) and not replace it. But I'm sure there are. There should be a law against mechanics that won't take responsibility for their fowlups.
he should have shop insurance for foul ups like that.

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
You could pick up a chrome valve cover from ebay for about 70 bucks... try a search for "GA16DE" on ebay I'm sure you'll find one. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts