Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay ijust bought a 91 nissan sentra se-r. They swapped out the engine for a jdm sr20de. I dont know sqaut about sr20's in a se-r so any help or links would be great. The seller said that the jdm swap gave 10hp any more extra bonuses? Also the car shakes alot, whats with that? And the clutch seems like it could be replaced ofcourse this is my first manual car so it will probably need to be replaced by the end of the summer anyways. He also said the car could only have 89 octane gas and the rev limit was 7500 rpm true or false? Im 17 and this is a car i think i could only dream of having so any help at all would be great. Thanks.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
yah you might have gotten 10hp from the JDM engine. that's about it.

car shakes probably because they put stiffer motor mounts in.

·
Because Size Matters
1,260 Posts
BobbyRay said:
He also said the car could only have 89 octane gas and the rev limit was 7500 rpm true or false?
It kinda depends which JDM engine you've got or if you have a UK engine as to what you have for hp.
I don't know why he would say anything about 89 octane fuels. If indeed it was a JDM engine, it's used to a much higher octane rating.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Car could use 87 it all depends on ignition timing. What kind of shaking? At idle throughout the rpm? Youre description is vague, it could be a lot of things. Have you done a tune up? Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, air filter, adjust timing, tps, idle etc. If youre gonna ask how you do those things you havent done your research.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was bought from overseas. the shaking might have something to do with the gigantice universal muffler hes got on there but im not sure. It seems to rattle a little more when its idle and speeds up pretty quick. the guy who sold it to me said the only difference is that its got a 10:1 compression ratio and he rated the engine at 150hp.

·
Registered
101 Posts
its recomed that you use 89 octane or higher. If the shaking occurs when you are stop it the motor mounts. If it shakes when you are driveng down the raod its probley your tire out of aliegment.
CMIIW the usdm sr20 in the b-15 was a 10.1 compression rated at 145 hp/135tq. I dont think that there is to much different between the to beside the usdm one has to pass all 50 states emission test. the jdm doesnt have to pass any of them. just in the state you live in.

·
Super-Mod with a 240
2,375 Posts
^^^

No, no, no.

JDM or USDM, if you have a 9.5:1 SR20DE and use factory settings, 87 octane is all you really need.

The B15 SR20DE was a bit different from the older SRs. It had a roller-rocker valvetrain and had a compression ratio of 9.8:1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts