Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
MFCoEJ Juror
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to make some money, and my last idea isnt going to fly I guess so. What are some things that you all want but cant afford??

My goal is to create a product that is 90% of the quality of the top of the line product for 30-40% less than said product.

As my turbo starter kit has flopped for now, my current idea is a polished stainless steel Cold Air Intake that is equivalent to Hotshot CAI but for $150 or less. Would that intrest anyone???

Anything, performance, audio, interior. NO COFFEE CAN MUFFLERS OR ALUMINIUM WINGS. I hate that stuff.

I am not selling anything now, and apparently I cant sell anything on here. But I want consumer input on this.

Attn Mod: If I am not a business and I make a product am still a vendor? Or would this a Person-to-Person type thing and therefore ok for the forums?

·
Bow down BiAtch >;o)
1,356 Posts
ANY type of taillight for the B14 :D
There are no aftermarket taillights for the 200 out there :(

·
Registered
393 Posts
crystal clear corners and headlights. the same as on JDM. i think i can only find one or two companies that actually sell them. and make them w/ stock bulbs, so you dont have to splice wires. taillights would be nice.
maybe some all red and white ones, especially for 200sx, sentra owners can at least maybe find SE-L's.
reverse indiglos, the few ones that ive seen dont really seem like they know what theyre talking about (sentra and 200sx isnt the same, which they usually advertise as)
another choice in quality intake would be nice. doesnt plastic make a better intake material tho? (less heat soak from engine bay)
side mirrors would be nice. i want to get mine painted, but maybe different mirrors would be cool.
a nose grille that doesnt cost a whole lot, and looks like the 97-style honeycomb. i have mine nasty-ricer style w/ the chicken wire right now.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Id say go with the Cold air intake.. make sure you make the manifold -- MAF 2.5 and the cai extension 3"... thats the best result, if you include a prebuilt in bypass valve, id buy one from ya. something i'd like to see made would be a cai, that goes to an intercooler.. and then goes to the passenger side of the car... and the filter goes there.. I'd buy that for 300!

·
Registered
126 Posts
i want some new tail lights!!! I would be down for a set of clear tail lights so I would have clears all around. I'll always love the clear look. other than that, a cai or a heat shielded short ram would be nice

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Maybe a less expensive body kit, cai, headlights, corner lights, and grill.

Is there anyway you can make the headlight and corner light one peice instead of two?

What can you make and we'll give you more ideas?

·
Banned
809 Posts
yea, i say H4 headlight, with 9004 adapter built in, so plug and play... then have clear JDM style lenses, built into 1 peice, and then also make clear tail lights... id get some in a heart beat, and then make the CAI with built in bypass valve.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
I would have to say one piece headlight/turnsignals. I would love to see that done. It makes it look really clean in my opinion.

Also what about a clear center piece for the back of the sentra instead of red. My center piece is white but I would kill for a clear piece much like those on the backs of many CRX's.

·
Nissan Guru
152 Posts
what about a new lens for the head lights on the GXE Limited has, i havent seen anything aftermarket for the front nose of my car that wont require me to remove the center peice i front of my radiator, i like the look of the lense but it would be nice to have some plastic that dosent give to road dirt so easily.:)

·
Registered
393 Posts
i was watching "hi rev tunerz" (stupid ricer show w/ stupid hosts on speedvision) they showed a thin plastic that sticks to the front of the car, over, bumper, some of the hood, and headlights. it acts like an invisible "bra" thought it was cool. can barely tell its on, until you get real close and look at where it is. might wanna look into that. sorry i dont know what its called

·
MFCoEJ Juror
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I am going go ahead with prototyping a CAI. I figure I could have a sellable model by Feburary. As much as would like to do all those other things, I wouldnt know where to start.

So I intend to build a Mandrel bent CAI. I will have to do it in versions. So the first models will be cheaper than the later models. The goal of this is to get feedback from the end user. I also will be able to take earlier models in as a partial trade on the newer ones possibly.

So lets say you have Version 1.0 and you paid $120, and you want the 3.0 which costs $160, so you send me the 1.0 and $60 and I would send you a 3.0. So its basicly a core since I will design it so I that I can remanufacture it into a new version later and you can keep up with latest thing cheaper. Since this is what I wish the big aftermarket companies would do, I will do it.

If anyone knows where I could get the bypass valve?

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Sentra_Industies said:
Well, I am going go ahead with prototyping a CAI. I figure I could have a sellable model by Feburary. As much as would like to do all those other things, I wouldnt know where to start.

So I intend to build a Mandrel bent CAI. I will have to do it in versions. So the first models will be cheaper than the later models. The goal of this is to get feedback from the end user. I also will be able to take earlier models in as a partial trade on the newer ones possibly.

So lets say you have Version 1.0 and you paid $120, and you want the 3.0 which costs $160, so you send me the 1.0 and $60 and I would send you a 3.0. So its basicly a core since I will design it so I that I can remanufacture it into a new version later and you can keep up with latest thing cheaper. Since this is what I wish the big aftermarket companies would do, I will do it.

If anyone knows where I could get the bypass valve?
Not to sound pessimistic, but I think you should pick something else because there is way too much compitition in CAI's.

Hotshot and AEM either make or are coming out with Dyno tuned CAI's. Its hard to beat a product that has actual R&D to it.

If anything make something that they make for Civics but no one makes for Sentra's like a lower strut tower brace or someything like that. That way you can control the market for it and the pricing.

Mike

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Dont make something that they already make for civics. I like that we have HVAC indiglos and no other car has them made. Although I do like the idea of one piece front end headlights/turnsignals. How about more aggressive side skirts for the sentra, I really like the drift side skirts for the 200sx but they wont fit my sentra.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Everybody like my idea of a single piece head and corner light. :D

I think that everyone would go for them. You could make them in clear and in black.

B

·
0 Posts
The headlights would be off the hook But i think one thing you could sell a grip load of is tail lights for the 200sx everyone is looking for em and no one can find em. Perfect opputunity.

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
G_Funk013 said:
Everybody like my idea of a single piece head and corner light. :D

I think that everyone would go for them. You could make them in clear and in black.

i was thinking exactly that the other day. in fact i think i posted it somewhere. maybe it was the best looking b13 but anyway this is what i thought.

"i wish someone would make some sweet projector headlights & corner lights as one piece. like the combo of BMW and Lincoln LS type deal."

oh yea, it should be for the B13. thats the best chasis for some projector lights/ xenon hids, but no one has bothered to make any. :mad:

and keep the surounding black. preferrably a flat/satin black. but i might look at glossy black

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
V i V i D 200sx said:
i was watching "hi rev tunerz" (stupid ricer show w/ stupid hosts on speedvision) they showed a thin plastic that sticks to the front of the car, over, bumper, some of the hood, and headlights. it acts like an invisible "bra" thought it was cool. can barely tell its on, until you get real close and look at where it is. might wanna look into that. sorry i dont know what its called
that stuff can be orderd as an option at most higher end dealerships. I.E. its an option for your new porshce or lexus for an extra 500$. its basically a clear decal which takes all the sandblasting instead of the paint. and is removable and replaceable.

i also forget the name

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
just hoping for '98 200sx tailights in all red lenses, except for reverse, so to have a final fix to spraying it with paint ever so often.
some better, yet cheaper upper strut tower bars and such.
and why not some smoked headlights, reminiscent of the b15 se-r's, not halo though nor projector though, just smoke oem will do..

·
MFCoEJ Juror
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
First of all, I dont know where to start when it comes to headlights and such.

Second, how much tuning could go into an intake. Just make it as short and as straight as possible with a good flow filter (i.e. K&N)???

I mean, sure Hotshot has the name recognition, but do you really wanna pay $250 for just the intake??? Come on. Its like legalized theft. And since an intake alone doesnt do all that much, so what if they dyno it. "Its been dyno tested" is the new snake oil.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.