Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI. A week ago, my car wouldn't move because the clutch was totally burnt out, so I just had a techician replace a disk because I am going to be swapping an SR20DET and new tranny in there.

But what's bothering me is that, after the clutch was replaced, the car tends to wheel hop a lot during first gear, and when I try to speed up, it goes even crazier. I think this techinican screwed some things up.

Do you know what the problem might be?

·
Registered
189 Posts
wheel hop or slip? wheel hop is usually from getting on it and the tire breaking lose. Not usualy a cause of the clutch, that means the clutch is grabbing good if your tires are hopping. Now if its slipping then yea take it back.

Is the car wheel hopping during normal take off or only hard take off?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Chris90FB240sx said:
wheel hop or slip? wheel hop is usually from getting on it and the tire breaking lose. Not usualy a cause of the clutch, that means the clutch is grabbing good if your tires are hopping. Now if its slipping then yea take it back.

Is the car wheel hopping during normal take off or only hard take off?
even though i take off softly, it still has the wheel hop. To be honest, it sounds more like the differential gear grinding on the back. I really don't know what's wrong with it, but it seems that the car is being teared apart....I was lucky to meet this subaru engineer, and he said that the differential gears are not grabbing. But the funny thing is that it didn't do this before the clutch was changed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did he resurface the flywheel?
Did you break the clutch in?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The clutch is definitely broken in already. About the flywheel, I am not too sure. I think he didn't tighten some parts up correctly. I am going to have him check it out soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
finished

OK, i had the techician check it out today, and he said that there was a bolt loose which tightens the exhaust. This was rubbing against the drive train ,which was causing the sound to happen. Nothing to do with the differential, luckily~ :)

Thanx for all ur help~

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris90FB240sx said:
that was causing wheel hop or just a sound? I thought you were actually having wheel hop... O well good its fixed.
Both, to be exact....hehe :rolleyes:

the sound that was causing between the exhaust and the drive train was actually causing a little wheel hop for some odd reason....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts