Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gotta Represent
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, ive searched this forum in and out, but i still cant find what im looking for. seeing as how i am only 17, i do not have to much money to spend. i need a good system that will basically set off car alarms... and i need this to be under 400 bucks. i think i am going to go with two adire audio shiva subs(12inch) but i do not know what kind of amps i need. 375W per voice coil; 650W total to the driver that is what the site said(adireaudio.com) so that about 1300 watts right?? so that means that i need a 1300 watt amp?? please help me out, and remember, i am not much for sound quality, i really want them to bang, but sound good at the same time....for under 400. if you guys can tell me where i can buy a system for this much that bangs, please help. :newbie:

·
Registered
4 Posts
a few things..

1.. read the rules about thread titles
2.. i don't think you can get a sound system that'll set off car alarms for that much money, unless you can get 75% off.
3.. if you can get a really "bangin" system for that much money, i would worry about quality.

remember, quantity over quality is never good, you'll just end up paying more in the long run.

my suggestion is that you go to several audio stores.. wheather its tweeter, good guys, or those local shops, go in and ask questions.. tell them what you want and then ask what is good for me and this is what i have. i garuntee you that will get different answers from each store, i know because i'm doing it now and i too am looking for a system.

·
a constipated monkey
143 Posts
first thing...what kind of car do you have. it helps to know what we are helping you with. Im guessing that you have a b14, so here is a decent budgent arrangment that will give you the most enjoyable system for the money.

four channel amp....kicker/edesignaudio/autotek etc. $200
6.5 inch component set in your doors crystal cpe 60s $70
a solid 4 ohm voice coil or dual 2 ohm voice sub 10" to 12" $120

bridge the rear channels to your sub, and build/buy a ported box. A well tuned box and nice clean power from a good amp can make a system with one 12 sound quite good. for the sub you might want to check the ed 13kv2 dual 2 ohm.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Dont plan on setting off car alarms for that much. And I can tell you first hand, if you get a system that loud and do not sound proof, it will sound like azz.

Possibly your best option is:
12 inch Kicker SoloBaric L7 $110
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D $250
And then putting the rest toward a box (not an Ebay box, as any sub and especially the SoloBaric sounds bad in a cheap box), wires and sound proofing.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Punkrocka436 said:
where are you getting an L7 for 110 dollars?
Ebay. I thought they were a joke until a few friends got them. They are refurbed, but the companies that sell them warranty them theirselves. I got my L7 at The Tweeter for a lot more...but personally I dont like ordering parts that can break rather easily from the internet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts