Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right place to post. My 18 yr. old (soon to be dead) son took his mothers car for a secret joyride and SCRAPED THE BUMPER .
I've read through threads, I'm still confused. Should I try and get it fixed or relace it. They are DEEP, there are several. Please feel free to advise on how to kill him. All methods are welcome.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I would weight the costs of both...sometimes it is cheaper to replace it than to pay the labor of the repair.

If it were my car, and it were just the bumper, I would replace it and not turn it into my insurance.

Afterwards...beat the boy till he can no longer sit.

I do not know what your deductable is, so that is something you might want to consider. I carry a 500 deduct which saves me a lot of $

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wild willy said:
I would weight the costs of both...sometimes it is cheaper to replace it than to pay the labor of the repair.

If it were my car, and it were just the bumper, I would replace it and not turn it into my insurance.

Afterwards...beat the boy till he can no longer sit.

I do not know what your deductable is, so that is something you might want to consider. I carry a 500 deduct which saves me a lot of $
Mine is $500 as well. I guess I will just get estimates for both and see which is cheaper. Then I will kill him.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wondering though, can they cover really deep scratches well? :(

·
Yea, I'm a freak..
560 Posts
I would have it replaced if the scratches are large. If I'm correct, the bumper is around $200-$300 which isn't too bad. Hit Hardcore up for a price if you want. I would also take your son and staple his scrotum to his bedroom wall :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slurppie said:
I would have it replaced if the scratches are large. If I'm correct, the bumper is around $200-$300 which isn't too bad. Hit Hardcore up for a price if you want. I would also take your son and staple his scrotum to his bedroom wall :)
I like your thinking Slurp, excellent idea, lots of PAIN and SUFFERING involved...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gtw00 said:
no no no, you got it all wrong slurp.

staple his nads to his ass and tape a kick me sign on his back :)
Not bad either! :D

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
Even if the cost is above your deductible of $500, better to pay for it yourself. You'll get higher rates as a result, and you'll have a harder time getting insurance if/when you want to change companies.

I'd replace the bumper, it won't be much more than $500 painted and installed. But I'd make "Mr. Stunt Driver" pay for it with a job he gets on his own.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OhTwoAltimaSE said:
Even if the cost is above your deductible of $500, better to pay for it yourself. You'll get higher rates as a result, and you'll have a harder time getting insurance if/when you want to change companies.

I'd replace the bumper, it won't be much more than $500 painted and installed. But I'd make "Mr. Stunt Driver" pay for it with a job he gets on his own.
No, I'm not gonna turn it in. Mr. SD denies doing it, how stupid does he think I am? So, he won't give me any money. No problem, xmas is coming, but not for him.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I could sell you a front bumper for $150.00 then you'd have to pay the freight, probably $20.00, have it installed, get it painted, then do what everyone said, kick his ass!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hardcore said:
I could sell you a front bumper for $150.00 then you'd have to pay the freight, probably $20.00, have it installed, get it painted, then do what everyone said, kick his ass!:rolleyes:
Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I have a friend who owns a body shop, I think I will take it by him and get an estimate first. The scratch is in a pretty inconspicuous spot... Then I will kill my son.

·
I HEART GOAT JUICE
330 Posts
lizzy494 said:
The scratch is in a pretty inconspicuous spot
My girlfreind did the same thing. the scratches are also kind of under the bumber and not so noticable. I just had my grill painted and the body shop gave me some left over paint for touch up, I am going to use that. As for the boy might I suggest a hot polka (not sure how to spell it but it is one of those things you use on your fireplace) up his ass...it worked wonders for my girlfreind. She can't sit down let alone drive.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
**my'02altima** said:
My girlfreind did the same thing. the scratches are also kind of under the bumber and not so noticable. I just had my grill painted and the body shop gave me some left over paint for touch up, I am going to use that. As for the boy might I suggest a hot polka (not sure how to spell it but it is one of those things you use on your fireplace) up his ass...it worked wonders for my girlfreind. She can't sit down let alone drive.
lol It's poker, and I have one, and it's cold enough to build a fire... Yeah, where it is, most people would have to look for it. But I will always know. :mad:

·
Registered
76 Posts
OhTwoAltimaSE said:
How much is the rear bumper?
Hardcore,
Please help on this. I just got hit in the back bumper this morning by some a**hole in a rusted-out 88 Buick who decided to tailgate me a little too close. Moron bumps me, then takes off. Screw him, I got the plate number. Cops are trying to track him down.

Worst case, the moron has no insurance and I've got a $500 deduct. But, my baby (03) will never be the same.... :mad:

Thanks for the info..

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DaddySkier said:
Hardcore,
Please help on this. I just got hit in the back bumper this morning by some a**hole in a rusted-out 88 Buick who decided to tailgate me a little too close. Moron bumps me, then takes off. Screw him, I got the plate number. Cops are trying to track him down.

Worst case, the moron has no insurance and I've got a $500 deduct. But, my baby (03) will never be the same.... :mad:

Thanks for the info..
:(

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hardcore,
Thanks for the info. One more question, if you'll allow. Would I be able to replace the bumper cover myself? I am by no means a mechanic, but I did install an aftermarket spoiler.

Then I could remove the old one, have the new one painted, and install the new one myself (to keep the out-of-pocket down). Sound do-able?

·
Registered
271 Posts
DaddySkier said:
Hardcore,
Thanks for the info. One more question, if you'll allow. Would I be able to replace the bumper cover myself? I am by no means a mechanic, but I did install an aftermarket spoiler.

Then I could remove the old one, have the new one painted, and install the new one myself (to keep the out-of-pocket down). Sound do-able?
As far as I know it shouldn't be a problem, maybe one of these other guys has done it? I would think you put it on and then have it painted, but you may be able to do it either way.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts